Chapter 8

Luna was sitting in the hall watching all the idiots place their names in the goblet with Colin who was trying to get a grip on the Potter as a family rather than a group of friends. He had taken Hermione's words to heart and was trying to spend as much time as he could with who he wanted to be his future family. He learned from Luna that every Potter had earned their rune by earring Harry's trust, earning a rune basically cemented your place within the family, It meant Harry liked you enough to not want you to die. The Runes were made from Harry's blood and was an extremely dangerous tool in the wrong hands so he could understand why he was rather skeptical of people. Colin planned to earn his place in the family no matter how long it took.

Coiln had taken a liking to Luna and spent most of his time around her, although her warnings of slight things that happened a minute later had taken some getting used to. "Don't tell me you're thinking about it." Her dreamy voice brought him back to reality as he saw Cedric in front of them with a small slip of paper in his hand with his name scrawled across it. 

Cedric shrugged, "It's not like I can get seriously hurt." 

Luna rolled her eyes, "Yeah, you're cheating. You know how Harry feels about cheating, and he won't let you take it off."

"Don't worry I'll ask Harry weaken it for the tasks." 

"You have to ask Harry to take them off?" Colin asked. They were rings, Bracelets and arm bands, he figured they came off all the time.

Cedirc nodded to the younger boy, "yeah Harry was in his situation because his parents died, so he's a little paranoid." 

"Not to mention that if some rando got a Potter blood rune it could cause all kinds of problems," Luna added. 

Almost as if summoned Harry appeared leaning on the doorway arms crossed as he watched Cedirc, Luna, and Colin talk amongst themselves. Wednesday appeared beside him never, straying far from him, leaning against his shoulder watching the gits who happily placed themselves in an expiry cavalry. He watched the twins run in with aging potions that he knew Hermione helped them with so it wouldn't work. Although he was the head of the family, he didn't stop any one from doing something they really wanted so he didn't stop Cedric from placing his name in the goblet. Hermione on the other hand had no qualms about stopping the twins. He watched and laughed, and Hermione giggled like a maniac as the twins tackled her for their aging mishap. He loved his dysfunctional family.

Wednesday ran her hands up Harry's sleeves and along the three deep slashes on his forearm, "can you tell me?" She asked.

He turned to her; he didn't need to ask what she meant. He drew her hand down, without breaking eye contact, to the one closest to his wrist, "Hermione, Neville, and Luna. My second year I heard Dumbledore speaking with Mrs. Weasley after my adventure into the chamber of secrets, that's when I found out I couldn't trust Ron or Ginny. I had learned that Hermione and Neville were a lot like me. We found small eleven-year-old Luna trying to use dark magic on her bullies. That summer bought a book on runes and started them I sent the three after many failed attempts." He drew her hand up to the next one, "Cedric, Fred, and George the next year. They had proven trustworthy and slightly crazed Cedric had muttered murder plans for the headmaster and the twins spoke of their plans on torturing Ron for his lack of empathy after I fell off my broom. Later that year I met Sirius in the shrieking shack and Pansy and Draco were there. Hermione knocked out Ron who was shouting at them for no reason and Draco explained that Sirius was his uncle and he and Pansy were trying to help him. We came to and understanding after I got the story straight and confounded Ron to not remember the two of them in the shack. I gave them a rune the last day of school." 

Wednesday admired his judge of character it seemed everyone is his family was trustworthy and equally as crazy and all that from small snippets of out of context mumbles. She gave him a firm kiss before looking back at the cup.