Chapter 2

Harry and Hermione had sufficiently freaked out Ron by the time the train ride was done. He had thought his 'friends' had lost their sanity. Honestly, they kind of had, if they ever had any to begin with. The Addams kids were going to be sorted before the first years so they would come in separately from the eleven-year old's.

Harry covered Wednesdays eyes and took her to the carriages, "It's one of the most beautiful creatures you will ever see." He whispered in her ear. He uncovered her eyes and she gasped in awe at the beautiful bat like horses.

"They're amazing." she said tapping the snout of one lightly.

"I think Harry's girlfriend is off her rocker." Ron Whispered to Hermione. The brunette whipped her head around and saw Wednesday petting the thestrals.

Hermione shook her head, "No she's just petting the thestrals, they can only be seen by one who has seen death." she answered climbing into the carriage.

"And after the uprising over the summer we can all see them." Pugsley added climbing in after Hermione.

Ron looked at the two of them as if they had grown and extra head. Harry led Wednesday into the carriage as well. "This is going to be a great year I can all ready tell." Wednesday smirks, "I can already sense so many death traps that lie within." She said staring at the castle that came into view.

"Harry isn't particularly fond of psychical torture, But I am more then willing what do you have planned?" Hermione offered excitedly.

"Its much more interesting to see ones mind break in my option and hear them scream for literally nothing at all." Harry interrupted.

"That's what makes us a perfect pair Mon Cher" Ron looked about ready to hurl himself out of the carriage. He did as soon as it stopped and ran towards Dumbledore.

Hermione rolled her eyes, "Three guesses where He's going.

Ron immediately ran to Dumbledore telling him in a hushed whisper about what he had seen. The old Headmaster was wondering if Ron was catching a fever. "Ron my boy this all sounds mad."

"I swear it headmaster. Whatever happened over the summer made them lose their minds and I bet those Addams kids had something to do with it."

"We'll have to keep an extra close eye on them this year." He nodded and makes his way to a seat as the rest of the students started pouring in. Dumbledore watched as Harry walked in with his arm around a pale young woman with black twin braid and a expressionless look on her face. Right behind them was Hermione and a boy who must have been her brother. They didn't look very extraordinary and it was almost certain that they couldn't sway Harry and Hermione away from the light. "before we start the sorting of the first years we have a Fourth year and a third year transfer students from Salam academy to sort."

Professor McGonagall unrolls her scroll, "Pugsley Addams."

Pugsley sits on the Stoll not even flinched as the hat starts to move, "Sorry mate but I bet their both in Slytherin." Ron sneers.

"Why do you think that would change our perception of them." Hermione asked Shocking the surrounding Gryffindor's.

"Don't you hate them?" Seamus asked.

"We merely hate their attitude, But we know them." Harry added turning to glare at Ron, "and My girlfriend is of no danger to you unless you provoke her."

Deans eyes widened, "Girlfriend?" Harry just smirked.

"Slytherin." the hat called out finally."

"Told ya." George and Fred Gave him a look and kicked him in the shins. Pugsley got up and sat next to Pansy and Draco.

"Wednesday Addams." she walked up in the same mannerism as her brother and just smirked as she sat down, after a moment the hat shouted, "Ravenclaw."

Harry clapped, it was true that Wednesday was brilliant, Ron looked absolutely dumbfounded. She made her way to sit next to Luna as they watched the sorting of the first years including a small boy by the name of Denis Creevey, Colin's younger brother who caught Harry's eye.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament." There was an uproar if applause "Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later."

As soon as the feast started Wednesday and Pugsley made their way to the Gryffindor table, confusing the rest of the school. She glared at Ron, who was next to Harry for a solid minute making him shake before she snapped, "Move!" everyone jumped. Ron, out of shock and fear quickly did so and she immediately sat down next to him and pulled on his arm. Harry just let out of a low deep chuckle.

Neville had immediately scooted over so Pugsley could sit next to Hermione. "Mr. and Ms. Addams we encourage all students to remain seated with their own house." Dumbledore tried.

"Why?" Wednesday asked tilting her head a dead look in her eye, "If they never speak to one another how can they be friends or even work with each other."

"Its seems you've allowed these prejudices to stem out far enough that the houses hate each other. Your own school is divided do you see nothing wrong with that," Pugsley added.

Minerva McGonagall seemed to ponder this for a moment, "They have a point Albus," She turned back to the children, "From now on please sit with your houses during important feast such as Welcoming or departing ones or when there is a big announcement otherwise you may linger about. And as you have already sat down this feat doesn't count. "

"Done that mean we can Switch around?" A second year Ravenclaw asked.

"Yes, you may." Dumbledore answered through clenched teeth not that anyone noticed. many students started getting up and running over to their friends. The great hall much more alive than it had ever been.

Harry was no fool and neither was the rest of the Potters, they could all feel the eyes on the head of their family. Some who would be allies and some who would be or already were enemies. They had their runes but even they knew to watch their step. Harry wasn't going to let the only family he had get hurt, he thought to himself twirling the potter family crest around his finger. He had to watch out for them this year they all had to be careful now more than ever before but with the cracks in his mask starting to show he wasn't sure if he could keep it under wraps anymore.

Hogwarts was in for quiet the year and quite the shock would come for those who stood against him after all only an idiot would try to stand against the flame of a wildfire.

Published: Nov 30th, 2021
Edited: Jun 3rd, 2023