Over the edge

That night we didn't sleep. Not on a bed at least.

After Yamai's injury was properly treated, she kept yelling at us very loudly about how we had to get back to Itan as soon as possible before 'they' did, referring to the cloaked person and whoever else.

I didn't get a refund for the hotel reservation, and that was understandable enough, we stood there until three in the morning or so before Yamai got us to move again, to the train station.

We're at the train station now... Kometani looks asleep, but his head is perfectly leaned back on the wall so it doesn't fall on anyone's shoulder. It's almost impressive.

Yamai is apparently writing or drawing on some sort of clipboard, she looks very... concentrated. I think It'd be better for me to not interrupt this.

The train arrives, I only tap their shoulders to tell them. Kometani got up instantly, Yamai looked at me ugly and got up as well.

We sat down on our seats and waited... Yamai is still drabbling something on the clipboard.

-"Is it...? no... no it wasn't... well... hm is... gr... no!"

She grunted loudly. She looks like she's going through an awful writer's block... she just keeps moving her pencil up and down, back and forth, stuttering angrily with no confidence whatsoever.

"Maybe... no that doesn't... it... what if..."

She muttered under her breath.

"NO!"

She yelled out before tearing out the page she was using, crumbling it into a ball, and throwing it away in my direction. It landed next to my leg.

I look at her again... she doesn't look like she'll mind, well she doesn't look like she'll care to notice I looked at what she was doing.

I pick up the paper and open it to see... a very deformed drabble of what looks like a portrait.

-"Yamai... what is this?"

-"I'm trying to remember how Komi-sama looked like... based on what you said..."

She said, her eyes still stuck to the board.

The drawing was accurate in a way, but really it was just a plain circle with long hair and two big eyes. I'm not sure why it still reminds me of her...

I drag myself closer to her to look at the drawing she's making, but she pulled it away and just kept drawing with her back to me.

I lift my head above her shoulders and see... that she's not doing too bad!

-"That looks good, but her hair doesn't look like that"

-"I also thought so!"

She quickly pulled back and held the board next to me.

-"Her hair had this sort of fringe sticking out... but it wasn't so sharp"

-"Mhmm"

She traced my description in her drawing.

-"Her eyes weren't that round..."

I gently grab the pencil and clipboard from her hands and try to draw what I have in mind.

"... They were a bit sharp on the edges... slim, like this!"

-"Ohhh..."

I surpassed myself drawing those eyes.

"A-And her nose?"

-"Well her nose was barely visible actually... but it was like..."

As I was trying to trace it out she took the board from me.