Chapter 9 - Family is Power

Comenzar desde el principio

Jordan watched the exchange by his locker, wondering what had gone down between the two. Maybe Bennett was a lot suaver than he gave him credit for.

"Hey, Jordan,"

Jordan jumped at the sound of his name.

"Arya, you have got to stop scaring me like this. My heart can only hold out for so long," He told the blonde as he picked up some papers.

She giggled as she said sorry. "I'll try announcing my arrival next time,"

"So, what's up?" He asked, his eyes shining. He was elated to have a proper conversation with her finally.

"I was hoping you could help me catch up in Computer Science, changing schools and everything had me fall back," She asked him in hope. She needed to have worried. Jordan would have dropped everything to help her.

He smiled that full Jordan smile, the one she didn't realise yet, but she always waited to witness.

"Of course, let me know a time and place, and we'll go over some stuff,"

"Thanks, buddy. I'll let you know soon," Arya said as she walked away. Jordan sighed as he watched her go.

Tessa watched as Jordan was in his daze. The mischievous glint in her eyes sparkled as she snuck up behind the poor unsuspecting boy and slammed his locker shut.

The sudden noise made Jordan jump so high he ended up clinging to her for dear life.

Tessa struggled to hold Jordan up partially because she was beside herself with laughter.

"You should have seen your face!" She said in between breaths.

Jordan whined but then stopped still in her arms. "Hey, how are you still holding me?"

Tessa shrugged her shoulders. "You're surprisingly light,"

Declan walked up to the two wondering what was happening.

"Jordan screamed like a little girl,"

As Jordan tried defending himself, Tessa greeted Declan asking how his morning was. She was still holding Jordan bridal style.

"Well, it was okay, I suppose - wait, how is he not heavy?" Declan couldn't help but ask. She didn't even look like she was struggling.

"Yeah, do I weigh anything to you?" Jordan asked too.

Tessa shrugged again. "Nope, it's like holding a bunch of grapes,"

The two laughed at Jordan's expense.

"Put me down," He deadpanned, and Tessa did so.

As Jordan walked away, Declan turned his attention back to Tessa. He'd been working up the courage to ask her out for a while, but he didn't know what to do until the opportunity presented itself.

"Hey, are you free tonight by any chance?" He mumbled out, trying to avoid turning red.

Tessa looked at him. "Depends. Why are you asking?"

"I- Nevermind," He turned to walk away, feeling flustered.

Tessa laughed as she went to grab his arm to stop him. "I'm just messing. I am free tonight,"

He turned around back to her, smiling. "Good, I was hoping you could come by tonight, and we could hang out. My baby sister will be there too. I'm kinda babysitting her, but if you don't want to, then-"

She cut him off. "Of course, I'd love to spend time with you. I don't mind what we do or where we go,"

"That's great. I'll you later then,"