Chapter 14 - As Good as Dead

The chains on the fence rattled as the wind howled through them. The moon disappeared behind the clouds as if it could sense what was about to go down. The tension in the air was prominent, and everyone attending tonight would feel the force - the jolt of electricity waiting to be unleashed. Tonight had been anticipated for ages.

Three hooded figures walked over to the barbed wire fence surrounding the old factory buildings' perimeter. The company had gone out of business years ago. It was safe to assume no one on the right side of the law was wandering around here this late at night.

One of them walked over to the fence and slightly rattled it.

"Sturdy enough," They turned back to the others. "I reckon we can clear it,"

"Good."

The three figures backed away from the fence before running up and jumping over the wall, landing effortlessly on their feet on the other side.

The hood came down from one of the figure's, and short black hair cascaded down her shoulders. The moon peeking out from its cover gave a small spotlight on the figure whose sharp green eyes were the only visible feature on her face.

She looked around. The other figures took their hoods off, too, red and blonde hair uncovered being the only colour on an otherwise all-black ensemble.

"Let's split up,"

"Everyone got their earpieces in?"

"Yeah,"

"Yes, let's go,"

Jordan watched the three girls make the jump from his screen. He let out a low whistle.

Bennett came over. He looked over Jordan's shoulders and watched as the girls split up and went into three different buildings. His eyebrows furrowed as he anticipated their next moves.

Soon after the revelation, Jordan got himself together long enough to find what the girls next moves were up to. Word on the street was three figures were coming to meet up with Lost Boys here in these buildings.

"Why are they going into three different buildings?" Bennett questioned.

"Haven't got a clue. Maybe two of them are acting as distractions or diversions," He theorised.

"We need to be there soon then," Declan said from another table where he was loading a gun. He didn't like the idea of having to use one today, but it was better to be safe than to be sorry.

The boys were camped out in another abandoned building not far from the girls. Naomi was back at the base. They still wouldn't have her here today.

Jordan shut his laptop down and put his equipment into a bag. The boys pulled their masks over their faces, similar to the ones the girls seemed to be wearing. The only thing to identify them is their eyes. They put their hair into beanies with hoodies going on top over that.

Bennett had adjusted his gun sling, having the firearm rest against his back for convenience.

Jordan took a loaded handgun from Declan and put it in his holster attached to his belt.

Declan himself had a couple of guns loaded and waiting to be put into his shoulder holster.

The boys were ready. Their eery persona's coming to life as they covered up.

Soon they were standing on the same side of the fence as the girls once did.

"It's locked," Jordan checked. "We could clear it as the girls did,"

"Okay, then,"

The boys all backed up a respectable distance. Declan anticipated the height of the fence and whether they could do it.