■Bound to Rebound■

"Whiskey!", Yohann raised his voice over the music and chatter in the club. The bartender, a young woman in her early twenties, gave him a sultry look as she filled his glass with another shot. Tipping his head back, Yohann tipped the contents of the glass down his throat and grimaced as the amber liquid burned its way down.

He motioned for her to fill his glass again as his eyes roamed the crowd of writhing bodies on the dance floor with boredom. If he was being honest with himself, he didn't really want to be here. He had come to the club because he needed a distraction. From the pain, from the stress and from the memories that tormented him. Memories of the woman who had dominated his thoughts ever since he met her. He closed his eyes as he felt a painful tug in his heart. Her rejection stung in a way he had never felt before. And all he wanted to do was forget, even if it was for just a moment.

The bartender filled his glass again as she smirked at him. Before Yohann could dump the alcohol into his mouth, a small, feminine hand grabbed his wrist. He scowled down at the body linked to the hand.

"Shalewa. What're you doing?", he narrowed his eyes at her. The short, slender woman easily plucked the glass out of his hands and set it on the counter.

"O que diabos você pensa que está fazendo Anjani?"(what the hell do you think you're doing, Anjani) ,the little woman growled, shooting Yohann a fierce scowl. An impressive feat considering her delicate angular features and cute high ponytail made her look ten years his junior.

With his other hand, Yohann grabbed the glass again. "What does it look like? Estou me divertindo. Você deveria tentar.(I'm having a good time. You should try it.) Loosen up friend."

Shalewa glowered as Yohann stubbornly emptied the glass. "If you want to get drunk, get drunk on your own time. You have to rest tonight. You know we have a big meeting tomorrow morning. Marissa is counting on you to be there."

"I know Queen.", he sighed. "Don't worry about me. I'll show up." Yohann motioned the bartender to fill his glass again. The woman plopped another glass of whiskey on the polished wooden counter in front of him. He grabbed the glass and brought it to his lips." I always shows up.", he murmured grudgingly against the rim of the glass.

Shalewa stared silently as her best friend dumped more alcohol into his system. Yohann glared over her head, completely ignoring her. Sitting on the stool beside him, she huffed in frustration.

"What's wrong with you, Anjani?"

Yohann rolled the half filled glass between his fingers, staying silent.

Undeterred, Shalewa went on. "It's been months. Months Anjani. You've been sulking ever since you came back. And I hope to God you don't take this behaviour with us to Pretoria." She placed a hand on Yohann's. "Friend, what happened? You can talk to me. You know that."

Sighing, Yohann run a hand through his hair. "I know, Queen.", he turned to her with the ghost of a smile on his face. "I'm fine, I promise."

"Anjani...."

"I'm fine. Shalewa. I'll see you tomorrow."

Shalewa watched in concern as Yohann rose unsteadily from his seat.

"See you tomorrow.", he said, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. He took one last gulp of alcohol before setting the empty glass on the counter.

"Let me order you a ride, at least.", Shalewa hopped off her seat.

"I'm fine", he waved her off.

"No you're not. I'm calling Henda. He'll take you home."

"Queen I'm fine. Honest. I'll just call an Uber."