PROLOGUE: It's Not 'Who's Going To Let Me', It's 'Who's Going To Stop Me'

Start from the beginning

Being rich comes with elegance.

'Sit up straight Y/n'

'Men don't like women who smoke and drink Y/n'

'Don't sit with your legs open Y/n'

'No man likes a dumb woman Y/n'

Just shut the fuck up already.

At the present time, she walked to the balcony where her aunt stood.

The cold night breeze played with the two female's hair.

Y/n walked up, her footsteps being quiet. She snatched the cigarette from between aunt Cassie's lips.

"Men don't like when women smoke, Aunt Cassie" Y/n sassed.

She received a scoff in return and not even a glance was thrown at the younger of the two.

"You definitely have your mother's back talk." Her aunt shook her head looking at the view

Beyond the front yard there was miles and miles of trees. They were 10 minutes away from the city by car

"I was thinking Y/n." Aunt Cassie trailed off, " You should go back to America."

Y/n's eyebrows shot up instantly, turning her head to face her aunt.

"Pardon?" Y/n gave her no time to respond as she added, "I'm not going back there."

"You have to learn how to fend for yourself now. Your parents are offering you an apartment back home."

"No,"

"No?" Aunt Cassie straightened her posture and leaned against the balcony rail on her side, "It's not an option. I think you should go so you will. You can't live with me forever."

This caused Y/n to scoff as she ran a hand through her h/c hair to brush it back, "I'm sorry. Am I picking up too much space in this house?"

"Whether we live in a big house, small house or a fucking box, you have to learn that not everything is handed to you on a silver platter. You're 18 now for crying out loud."

The girl giggled softly as she shook her head, "We both know that nothing I have was brought to me so easily. I worked my ass off back in America. I taught Mia to walk, read, talk, count- I basically raised my own sister,"

Straightening her posture, Y/n shoved her cold, stiff hand in the pockets of her sweats as she continued, "I'm not going anywhere, there's no way I'm leaving Mia. We're done here."

The girl flicked the cigarette she snagged earlier over the edge of the balcony and turned to walk away.

Before she could take a second step, an angry Aunt Cassie slid in front of her path.

"I am your guardian and you will listen to me." The woman said sternly, her breathing getting significantly rapid in annoyance, "You no longer live here. You either go to America or the streets of England. Choose wisely."

Y/n tilted her head to the side as she narrowed her eyes at the shorter black haired woman before her.

The whirling and whistling of the night's wind occupied the silence before Y/n walked around her and headed down the marble stairs to the front door

The floors and stairs were made out of marble, it was white and always polished to give it a shiny look.

The chandelier overhead provided most of the light in the main area where they were.

Y/n grabbed her wallet along with one of the many car keys that was in a small basket that was conveniently on a small table beside the double door.

"What do you think you're doing, huh?"

The female at the door spun around to face her aunt, "You have like 100 different cars. You won't mind if I take one, will ya?"

The older angry woman knew her question was laced with sarcasm which made her blood boil more.

Despite the clear tension in the air and glances the two were giving each other, they failed to realize the little girl at the top of the stairs, clutching onto her stuffed brown bear which had a bow tie and a top hat.

"Anie?" The little girl spoke.

The hateful eyes pried away from each other and softened at the presence of the young girl in her pajamas.

"Anie? Where are you going?" Mia walked down the stairs, approaching Y/n whilst rubbing her eyes.

Y/n remembered the day Mia started calling her Anie. Mia was a toddler and she had been trying to get the youngster to say her name

The only thing that came out her mouth was 'Anie'

As Mia grew a bit older she had preferred the nickname rather than her given one.

When the little girl was in front of Y/n, she knelt down and smiled.

Y/n brushed Mia's hair back and cupped her face in her hands, "Anie has to go, okay? You won't see me for a while but I'll visit you soon."

Mia shook her head, "Why are you leaving?" Her small voice was laced in sadness, "Can I come too?"

Y/n eyes threatened to well up at the sight of her sister, "I'm afraid not munchkin. I do have to go and settle down somewhere else but I'll be back and I'll take you for ice cream, yeah?"

The four year old nodded weakly in response, her grip on the bear getting noticeably tighter.

"Thank you for understanding." Y/n plastered a fake smile though it was killing her inside.

"You promise you'll come and visit me?" Mia looked down at her feet.

The h/c haired girl lifted her younger sister's head up to look at her.

"I promise."

Promises were always sacred to Mia, she loved promises because they gave her reassurance.

Mia hugged her older sister tightly, "I love you, Anie."

"I love you more, munchkin."

With a kiss on Mia's forehead, Y/n playfully shooed her away after which made Mia giggle.

When the young girl was out of sight, Aunt Cassie spoke

"If you leave the offer is no longer valid and you'll be dead to me."

With a smile, Y/n opened the double doors, "Then I'll see you in hell."