"Enjoyed your birthday, my birthday girl? "
My husband asked me after dinner when we settled on our bed.
"Why are you so good to me Chiranth? Sometimes I feel like I'm living in some fairytale"
"Shouldn't you feel good about it then?"
"I feel good but it equally scares me"
"Scares? But why?"
"I don't know Chiru... My concepts about marriage were completely different. So much love, care and concern.... I wasn't expecting anything of these. I'm scared if I get addicted to this and one day if things change drastically... I don't know how would I survive?"
"Nothing will change Nidhi. We love each other and we understand each other. We don't fight like others because we don't find it necessary. Arguments occur when people don't listen. But fortunately we both listen to each other's opinion and keep aside our ego before deciding things. Even if things change you'll still be my priority"

May be this is what people call happily married I suppose... I drifted sleep in his arms with a content heart.

We were having our second internals towards the end of August as we had college day planned in September. Our lab internals were scheduled in mid week of September.

Harshith sir was getting married on September 10th and as a best friend my husband had to be there during all the ceremonies. Even though I wasn't much close to them, they didn't make me feel awkward. Harshith sir's younger sister was actually my junior in St. Philomena's and we bonded really well.

We had real fun in their wedding and some of the faculty members got to know that I'm married to Chiranth. Now the real trouble started. But since it was just faculty, I don't think it will be a problem.

After the wedding ceremonies ended, we headed back home with a drained body.
"Chiru I'm too tired. Please make breakfast"
I wasn't even interested in opening my eyes when the clock showed 9.
"I'm tired too Nidhi. Lets order something. I want to sleep more"
He hugged me tightly and continued to sleep.
"What about your jogging?"
"I did enough jogging for a week yesterday because of this wedding. My body needs rest"
Then we continued to sleep till 11. We ordered our brunch and spent a lazy day together.

Next day I went to college earlier than usual since I had to collect some books from library and he had to attend a workshop in university college. I went straight to library and checked the books according to my syllabus and borrowed them.

On my way back to class I received a lot of stares. I checked myself and I was sure I wasn't wearing anything abnormal.

Even when I went to washroom I heard few students murmuring my name along with Chiranth. My worst nightmare was turning into reality. Hope this is all imagination.

I walked out of the cubicle and splashed some water on my face.
"I think she slept with him for all the good marks she got."
"I didn't know she would be so shameless. Isn't she married? How can she roam around with a married man?"
Blah. Blah and more blah blah...
Everyone in the college was busy giving me character certificate.
I didn't bother answering anyone. I directly went to my class and the separate battalion of villains was waiting for me.

Pri was waiting for me at the door and I was more than happy to see at least there was someone in the college who stood by side.
"Oh.. Ms. Goody two shoes... Or should I say Mrs. Characterless? When did you become this way Nidhi? We all thought you were a decent girl"
Mayoori hurled at me.
"What nonsense are you talking girl?"
Pri wasn't planning to stay calm even if I tried my level best to stop her.
"Come-on.... entire college knows she sleeps around with Chiranth sir for some petty marks. Do you really have to stoop so low Nidhi? Did you do this all these years to stay on top? At least spare that married man"
Preeti was adding more ghee to the already burning situation.
"Roaming around with Chiranth sir even after being married.. Is this what your parents taught you?"
More abuses followed.
"She has every right to roam around with Chiranth sir, since she is legally married to him. Staying with husband isn't a crime according to Indian law as of my knowledge. So please restrain your filthy tongue before you talk so much nonsense"
This is what I was worried about and its happening right in front of my eyes.

"What did you say? She married Chiranth sir? You want us to believe this nonsense?"
"You shouldn't have waited this long Nidhu. Look at these people talking nonsense about you"
"Pri let them be."
"Stop that drama Nidhi, if you're married you must have proofs right?"
"Of course she does. In fact I have their wedding photos. If you are so worried why don't you ask your department lecturers? I'm sure you can believe them."
She went on to show them our wedding photos too.

"Please Pri..."
I dragged her out of the class room and started walking towards home. I didn't have energy left in my body to fight with people.
"Nidhu you shouldn't have dragged me. Those bitches needed proper education."
"Please Pri. I want some peace in my life. I don't know if I can have it in that campus anymore."
"But marrying your lecturer isn't crime Nidhu."
"I know. But I don't want to cause any problems to him"
"I don't understand how does it cause problems to him"
"Please leave it Pri. I want be alone for sometime. Please don't tell him anything about today. I'll handle this on my own"
She finally agreed to leave me alone.
I wanted to sleep and forget everything that happened today and wake up to a normal day.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making plans"
Hope Shrinidhi and Chiranth can survive the storm which is about to strike their lives...