ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ☽

Start from the beginning

"Tommy!" Leslie smiled, seeing the auburn haired boy turn towards her. "Leslie, hi." Tommy replied, looking back over to Addison who sighed, letting go of his hand when he tugged gently from her hold. "Mind if we steal the girlfriend from you for a little bit? She needs to have a break from all this chaos going on." Leslie bargained, looking over at Natalie who nodded. "Guy's I"m not sure-" Addison went to protest, stopping when Tommy spoke over her. "She deserves it, go ahead, I'll be at home where we can talk more okay?" Tommy said hurriedly, before stepping around the two women, heading towards his jeep, leaving Addison sitting with her friends, confusion and pain showing on her face before Leslie and Natalie locked their arms with her, leading her towards their car.

"Andy, my sister really?" Laurie asked, sliding into the passenger side as Andy sighed, shutting the drivers door. "I didn't sleep with your sister Laurie." Andy replied calmly, putting the keys in ignition, twisting them while the engine roared to life, hot air blowing out of the vents and surrounding the two people in the car. "Yeah well why should I believe you when there's a photo of her sleeping on you? Huh Andy? Wanna explain that to me?" Laurie yelled, her voice bouncing around the interior of the car as Andy drove down the road, his knuckles turning white from gripping the wheel so tightly. "Fine Laurie, you're not going to believe me anyway so believe what you want!" Andy snapped, looking over at her as she physically flinched from his words. "Don't get mad because you got caught!" Laurie yelled back, stepping out of the car when they pulled up to the house. Heels clicked against the concrete as she approached the door, shoving her key in to unlock it. "Oh for god's sake, it's like you want to hate your sister and will believe anything to make you look better! So what are you hiding Laurie? Huh?" Andy yelled as the door slammed behind them, his arms crossing against the expanse of his chest.

Laurie let out a breathy laugh, standing up to Andy, her face just inches from him. "I am better than her, I'm not hiding anything. I just chose to ignore that my sister and my husband lust over each other!" Laurie screamed, reaching up to slap Andy before he caught her wrist, pushing her back slightly. "Are you that jealous? That maybe your sister actually cared about me while our son died, and you called it hectic? You show no remorse, so again Laurie, what the hell are you hiding?" Andy asked, watching Laurie scoff before grabbing her keys walking past him. "Running away, just like you always do." Andy snarled, gripping her wrist before she yanked it away. "You just got caught in a lie, look in the mirror before you blame me." Laurie snapped, walking out of the house and getting into her car, the engine being heard from indoors as it disappeared down the street.

Andy sat down at the counter, his hands holding his head up while he let out a shaky sob. Anger, guilt, resentment, every negative emotion flooding through his body as he sat at the marble countertop. He cursed to himself, knowing he should go after his wife, but instead he just wanted to find Addison, to hold her so they both knew that they were okay, he could protect her, hell he was trying to. But Laurie was half right about one thing, the lust he had for her sister. Except he wasn't sure if it was jus a physical lust, or if he was longing for who he wanted in the first place. She was everything he wanted, and now he felt like he threw that all away to settle for Laurie. His phone alerted him to an email, a sigh leaving his lips as he clicked on the notification, his work had emailed him, the message reading;

'Dear Mr. Barber,

Due to two very public incidents, Newton District Attorney's office has decided that it is in our best interest to relieve you from your position. You are no longer employed by the state and will need to return all property that belongs to the office. Thank you.'

"Of course." Andy whispered, setting the glass device back down, rubbing his face before he walked upstairs, collapsing on his bed defeated. He's lost his wife in a way, his son, and now his job. What else could possibly get worse?