2. Blueberry and Tangerine

Tobio woke up to see his arm flung over Hiromi's face, her leg was over his legs and they both were almost falling off the bed. He rolled his eyes in exasperation because this happened way too often for him to even be surprised anymore.

He got up and fixed Hiromi's position on the bed to prevent her from falling off. He decided to get ready first and then wake her up before her mother called them for breakfast. She looked like she needed more sleep and he did too.

He sighed heavily, stretching as much as possible and proceeded to finish his morning routine.

It turned out that he didn't have to wake her up after all. She was having a very exciting dream about running for hours and then jumping into a giant glass of milk. The moment she landed on the milk, she jolted awake and was brought back to the boring reality.

After she was done getting ready herself, she went to join Tobio for breakfast. Her sour face didn't go unnoticed.

"Hey, Hiromi! What's with the long face?" Her mother, Akina asked. "I thought you would be super excited for today."

Hiromi told them about her dream and how it was ruined because she got up.

"I get it. I've had so many of those and every time I woke up, I was disappointed," Tobio said, cringing at the fact that reality could never have something as awesome as giant glasses of milk.

Her mother chuckled. "Looks like this obsession with milk you both have is getting serious. I think I should take you both to the doctor."

They gasped and started protesting but she cut them off. "Geez! I was joking It's a good thing you both like milk so much! Here", she said handing each of them a plate of french toast, an apple and last but not least a glass of milk. "Now! Cheer up already! It's your first day of high school, you both have been waiting for this day for so long." She hyped them up.

They left for school, though not before Hiromi's mother found out the real reason why they both were a bit upset. It wasn't just because of dreams about milk, it was mostly because they both stayed up too late the previous night which was making them cranky. It earned them an earful and extra chores.

--------------------------------------------

After the orientation for new students, they looked around the school for a bit. Soon enough, they had to leave for their respective classes. Tobio was in class 1-3 and Hiromi was in class 1-5.

"I guess I'll be helping you pass your exams this year too," she teased.

"No shit, dumbass," he said, unfazed by her jab. He knew very well that his performance in academics was poor but he couldn't care less. Just passing was enough for him.

"See ya! Try not to fall asleep during your classes~!"

"You know I will." He waved.

She rolled her eyes at his response but she didn't expect anything else.

Tobio sat somewhere at the back of his class and either slept or daydreamed throughout the day, blatantly ignoring his best friend's advice.

Hiromi sat behind a blonde-haired girl who had some of her hair tied up to the side of her head in a small ponytail with star clips. Later in the day, the homeroom teacher asked everyone to choose a partner for their summer group project. All happiness drained out of Hiromi, her history with group projects wasn't good. She was too nervous to ask someone and thought no one would ask her. She was also afraid of ending up with someone lazy or uncooperative which had already happened in the past.

Hence, when the blondie in front of her, Yachi Hitoka, turned around and asked her if she wanted to be partners- though in a very nervous state- she could hear the angels sing. She immediately agreed as she was going to ask Yachi the same thing. Turns out they both were afraid of group projects for the same reasons and were afraid of ending up with no friends in class. So, they were glad that they got along and worked well together and decided to partner up for every group project. They even bonded over their studying techniques.