1. Chaotic One and Two

"TOBIOOOO!" Hiromi shouted before jumping onto his back. It was the night before their first day of high school and Tobio was packing his bag.

"WHAT?! Are you trying to get us killed before we can even get to high school? Idiot!" Tobio huffed. He propped her up on his back. He held her in place with one arm to prevent her from sliding down and used his other hand to continue his work.

"I'm getting boreeedddddd." She swung her legs like a little child.

"Tch. Stop moving. If you're getting bored, go pack your bag or something instead of irritating me, dumbass."

"But I'm done preparing for school. I don't leave things for the last minute like some people....."

"SHUT UP! You know I was practising volleyball, so I lost track of time. And how am I supposed to get any work done with your annoying presence?"

"Puh-lease, I know love my company~!"

Before Hiromi could say anything else, Tobio threw her off his back onto her bed before he resumed what he was doing. She wanted to trouble him a bit more but he looked serious at the moment so she decided to leave him be and make the bed.

Soon it was lights out in the room but the light from outside penetrated through the window, giving enough illumination. They both lay next to each other, staring up at the ceiling, probably thinking about the same things.

"You know....." Hiromi started.

"Hmm?"

"I was being annoying and hyperactive because I'm just very excited, I thought you would be too..... Aren't you?"

"I'm a bit nervous, the thought of what happened last year is bothering me. I don't want a repeat of that," Tobio admitted with a grim look on his face.

He turned his head to look at the girl beside him. Seeing the sad expression on her face made him immediately regret voicing his thoughts. Before he could say anything, she looked at him and frowned noticing his guilty expression.

"You don't have to feel bad. I'm glad you told me, remember our promise?"

"I know but I ruined your mood."

She sighed, turning around, now lying on her side to face him properly. "I said it's ok. I understand what you are feeling because honestly, I am very scared too. But there is no point in focusing on negative thoughts. There is so much to look forward to and a fresh start away from our crappy last year! I just know that from this year things will be different and in a good way. So, forget about all your worries and get hyped up with me!"

"But we didn't get into Shiratorizawa," he complained, now facing her fully as well.

"So? Those fools are missing out. We are prodigies, right? No matter where we go, we'll do great."

"I guess Karasuno is not too bad. It was once the best in terms of volleyball and it still has a strong athletics team," Tobio grumbled.

"See? That's more like it!"

"If I mess up again?"

"You won't, just show them your dorky and teddy like side sometimes and you'll be fine," she said, half-serious.

"I'm not dorky and I'm most definitely not teddy like," he huffed.

"But you are! You are my adorable human-sized teddy bear," she continued to tease.

Now it was his turn to tease her. "You're just using that as an excuse to cover up the fact that you don't like sleeping alone. You're still scared of the dark and that 'monster under the bed' shit."

"NO! THAT IS SO NOT TRUE!" she whined.

"Oh? I bet you'd die without me."

"Nope. I don't need you."

"Ok, then should I go?" He pretended to get up.

"NO!" She quickly grabbed his arm and he smirked in triumph. ".....I mean, it's not good to disrupt routines like that. And..... I don't know about you but I would get lonely and bored if you weren't around for me to irritate." She wasn't lying so she hoped that sounded convincing enough.

"Oh is that so? Ok, I believe you," he said in a mocking tone and settled down. Though he silently agreed that he too would rather be with her.

For some time, everything was silent. Hiromi thought that Tobio had fallen asleep and let out a sigh of relief as she thought she had escaped his teasing. Sadly, that wasn't the case.

"Boo!" said a low voice causing the girl to scream.

"W-WHAT THE HELL?!" Her soul almost left her body.

"Keep it down, you'll wake up everyone in Japan. And what was that? I thought you're not scared of ghosts and stuff?" Tobio snickered.

"What you just did has nothing to do with ghosts! I-I'm not scared! You did that out of nowhere. I am pretty sure if I did that to you, you'd piss your pants too," she said, getting flustered.

At this point, it was taking everything in him to stop himself from howling with laughter but soon enough he couldn't stop himself anymore.

"Just admit it, you scaredy-cat." He said between laughs.

"That's it!" She took her pillow and slammed it into his smug face twice, muffling his laughter. This marked the beginning of a full-on pillow war, not a pillow fight but a war. It was something they took very seriously and they strived to defeat each other.

Next, a pillow whacked her face, sending her down and then she somehow pushed him off the bed. After scuffling, hitting, pushing, pulling, throwing and using special pillow fight moves, the war was finally over with Tobio delivering the final blow.

Hiromi lay on the floor on her stomach, groaning in defeat. While he sat next to her, grinning like an idiot. "I won two thousand and thirty five times, including today's win. You need to catch up, you're so far behind."

"Hey! I'm just ten points behind. That's great too! I just need a little more to catch up, geez. And this match was unfair, you are taller and much stronger than me. You obviously had the upper hand." She retaliated, glaring at him.

"You had the advantage because you're quick and like a monkey. So, your arguments are pointless. Anyways, I'm going to drink some milk, all this fighting has made me hungry. If you want, I can get you some too," he said getting up and walking out of the room, not waiting for her answer.

Hiromi lay on the floor for some more time, hitting her head against it. "Next time, I will win. For now, I'll enjoy some delicious milk and annoy Tobio!" She whispered to herself and ran out the door. She was tumbling down the staircase when Tobio had just reached the landing. She skipped the last five steps and jumped onto his back, squealing, once again almost killing them both. But this was normal, so he was able to save them.

They were supposed to go to sleep early that night, not fight and have midnight snacks. Of course, that didn't happen. After all, they were chaotic one and chaotic two. Luckily for them, they got away with creating such a ruckus since no one would be home until the next day.

****

Date: 04/03/2022