tell each other you're the 1

Start from the beginning

"Huh. Wh-what? Hey!"

"If you're so good at sex, have fun with your hand. I've heard you've had a lot of practice."

"What the hell, Y/N!"

"That's what you get for being arrogant." You threw over your shoulder, walking deeper into the house.

Hope only made a sound somewhere between a shriek and a groan.

~•~

"Morgan. Stop looking at me."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"What do you want!?"

"I want to know why my best friend doesn't have a massively gaudy ring on her finger, Solo."

Hope frowned. You hadn't said anything about wanting to get married after you two were mated. To Hope it sort of seemed like a waste of money. Everyone could see the mate mark on your neck.

The paperwork wasn't much different than a marriage license. Just as legally binding.

And Hope made it a point to let everyone know that you were in a committed relationship whenever you were standing in her general vicinity. Sure might be experiencing some weird  alpha ptsd because of the whole Mackenzie thing. Or she's just being dramatic. Probably the latter.

So yeah. She didn't see the point in marriage.

"Why?"

Alex rolled her eyes. Hard.

"What do you mean? Marry my best friend before I take her away from you and start a harem."

Hope raised and eyebrow at that. Like she would ever let someone take you away from her. Again.

"But-"

"I hope you know that I don't value whatever your opinion is on this. I just want you to marry Y/N so Christen and I can be bridesmaids and plan the wedding. We plan to make your pockets hurt."

Hope blinked, "Do you hate me?"

Alex shrugged, "Only enough to annoy you every chance I get."

"Fair."

"Now go propose."

Alex pushed Hope in your direction. Hope's brow furrowed. She hadn't realized Alex meant now. It also makes her wonder how despite attempting to play dumb, Alex knew that Hope had a ring burning a hole in her jeans' pocket.

Damn Alex and her noseyness.

Hope squared her shoulders and marched over to you with that faux confidence she had spent years mastering.

But then she catches your eye and it all comes tumbling down.

You're sitting on the lounger, away from everyone else. You watch as Hope approaches you with a gleam of something in her eye.

She sat next to you silently. And you cuddled deep into her side.

"Did you send Alex to bother me about this ring in my pocket?"

You attempted to seem innocent, "Of course not. What ring?"

Hope chuckled and unceremoniously pulled it out of her pocket.

It wasn't gaudy, nor was it massive, but that's because Hope knew you didn't like that sort of thing.

"Oh I am so surprised!"

"You're a terrible actress. How'd you find out?"

The jig was up, "You're terrible at hiding things. It was in your gym bag and I do the laundry."

Hope flushed. Yes. That had been an oversight on her part.

"Well. Since you've seen the ring and successfully managed to get Alex to threaten me, I suppose you know what comes next?"

You couldn't contain your giddy smile, "Enlighten me. I seem to be drawing a blank."

"Marry me."

"Was that a question or a command?"

"Both."

"Then I suppose I have no choice but to say 'yes' now do I."

You kissed Hope as she slid deftly slid the ring on your finger.

And yes, she didn't see the point of all that fanfare, but you did, and that was enough for her to start moving mountains.

~•~

A.N. The end! I hope you guys enjoyed this. If you want more Hope stories, check out Kingdom Come and More Than Single!