21. The End of the Affair

"So what are we doing in the Windy City?" I asked Klaus as I exited the car with them.

"Patience, little wolf, patience." Klaus tsked at me before turning to Stefan.

"I know how much you love it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus questioned.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan said as he looked out to the city.

"Well that is a crying shame. Details are what makes it legend." Klaus said grinning.

Well I felt out of the loop here, "What about you, love? You sound like you've been here." Klaus questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I moved from city to city escaping the hunters. I lived in Chicago three years ago for about a year. There's a part of me here that I left without it, and I hope it stays that way." I informed.

"I see, what part would that be?" Klaus asked interested.

"The part of me that could have cared less about the world. I did what I wanted and no one could tell me otherwise. Not even my older brother and sister could dictate what I did. I was an out of control sixteen year old Werewolf." I summarized.

Stefan frowned and turned to me, "Sixteen? You just said three years ago. Shouldn't you have been fifteen?" He asked turning to me.

"Who said I was eighteen anymore?" Now it was Klaus' turn to give me a look.

"Your birthday passed. When?" He demanded.

"June 7." Klaus gave me a look that was mixed between anger and hurt.

"That was nearly two months ago when we were still in Florida. You didn't tell us, why?" I let out a sigh.

"I stopped celebrating my birthday after my family died in the fire. It's just another day to me. The only thing that happened was that I turned nineteen." With that I went back into the car, leaving a frustrated Klaus behind.

Klaus led us into a bar that looked pretty old.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus told Stefan.

"I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan pondered out loud.

"The place definitely looks old." I muttered while looking around.

"You should have seen it back in the 20's, love." Klaus mentioned.

"Huh, so this is an old speakeasy. When prohibition was still going on." I pondered out loud as I leaned against the wooden frame.

"You got to be kidding me." I stood up and saw an elderly dark skin tone woman with white short hair.

Klaus smiled, "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender-"

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." I stifled a laugh which made Klaus give me a look. I looked away from him and pretend to be looking around the bar.

"I remember you." I turned back to see the woman talking to Stefan.

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be-"

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?" Gloria questioned.

"Gloria's a very powerful witch." Klaus informed us.

"I can slow down the aging. Herbs and spells, but don't worry. It'll catch up to me one day." That's when Gloria noticed me.

"Who's your new friend, Klaus?" Gloria said, gesturing to me.