Chapter 9

Travels
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

It had been a couple of weeks after finally getting a break from running all the time. Ven and I spoke about my relation with Din and he was happy for me but, I knew he was sad about it.  I knew he loved me and I once loved him too, but now I had someone else and I felt guilty about it.

As I walked out of the bathroom of the inn we were staying at, towel wrapped around my body, Din was sitting on the bed as he stared at the child that was fast asleep on the bed.

"He took my spot." He says and I laughed quietly to myself, making my way over to him. "He looks extremely tired and its been a long time since we've slept in a comfortable bed." I said, reaching for my clothes.

"Hes always in his pod, he doesnt need the bed." He says, pulling me towards him. I stood betweem his legs as he looked up at me with gentle eyes. "Hes just a baby, Din.." I gently run my fingers through his soft and slightly curly hair before placing a kiss on his head.

He hummed slightly to my touch. "I don't think I'll ever get use to..this.." He says, slowly moving his hand up my towel. "Me either..I- Din!" I gasp, feeling his hand brush against me slightly. Before either of us could say anything, there was a knock on our door. I quickly fix the towel, getting out of his hold and making my way to the door. I could hear Din fumbling to put on his helmet.

I opened the door and looked to see that it was Ven. "I found a ship and it should be good enough for me." He says before scanning my body.

"Are you sure you want to do this Ven..?" I asked quite saddened that he wanted to leave.

"The woman I love.. no longer loves me back and she's happy with another man. I know I said i'd never leave your side ever again, but that's before I knew you were already happy with this new life with someone else. My only job was getting you out of Nueth safe and sound." He says quietly, but I knew that wasn't what he wanted to truly say.

"What will you do?" I asked, worried that he'd go off and do something he wouldn't be able to take back.  "I've spent 2 years worrying about you, hoping to find you again. I found you and that's all there is. I'm going to travel the universe in hopes of finding a place I could belong.."

"But-"

"Don't say anything..please." He grabs me hand gently, bringing it up to his lips, placing a kiss onto the back of it. "My work here is done and I'm happy I got to spend these couple of weeks with you." He says before releasing my hand.

"Be careful out there Ven. Promise me you'll be okay!" I said, staring into his eyes, trying my best to hold back my tears from falling.

"Wait.." I said, quickly reaching for my hilt that was on a nearby table and held it out to him. "You gave me this to protect myself and now I give this to you.. to remember how much I still care about you..and..and to protect yourself!" I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks and I finally broke down.

He pulled me in with one arm, giving me a tight hug. "You better take care of her, Mandalorian. She still means everything to me.." I hear him say. I was placed into Din's embrace as I cried, watching as Ven walked away.

"You have my word.." Din responded.

As Din closes the door, I looked up at him as he slipped his helmet off, dropping it to get ground, his full attention on me. "Don't cry, you'll see him again i'm sure if it." He reassures me.

I wiped my tears and sat onto the bed, letting out a long sigh.

"You gave him your lightsaber..why?" He asked.

"He'll be needing it more than I will.." I took my hair out of its messy bun, letting it fall onto my shoulders.  "We'll be heading out tomorrow to continue the mission..but for now.." He kneels down in front of me, staring into my eyes. "I want you to relax.." He says, sounding determined.

He kissed me gently and I immediately kissed him back, feeling warm amd safe once again.

When he pulled away, I climbed into bed, covering myself in the sheets.

He began picking up the pieces of his armor, putting them on one by one.

"Din?" I said to him before he put on his helmet. He looks over to me, curious and waiting to hear what I had to say.

"I love you.." I whispered.

I could see his ears turning a light shade of pink before he quickly put his helmet on, walking to the door. He stops, turning to look at me through his helmet before responding.

"I love you too.."

And with that, he left the room.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

THIS is the end of another story! Just Season one of course.
If this story gets to 2k views I might write a fanfic for Season 2.

Thank you for Reading!!
Bye byee