Chapter 5

The Gunslinger
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Just when you think things had calm down, we were being chased by another bounty hunter in a Starfighter, blasting their lasers at the razor crest.

I was strapped into my seat, holding the child firmly in my arms as Mando piloted the ship to try and get away from them.

"Hand over the child Mando." The bounty hunter request through the comlink.

We were suddenly blaster on the right wing of the crest, smoke slightly getting into the cockpit. I looked out of the window, to see that the crest was burning at its wing.

"Mando.." I said, worried. The child whimpered slightly so I gently caressed his head to calm him down. "It's okay.. I'll be okay."

"I might let you live." The hunter said then we were once again struct by his Starfighter lazers.

The crest shook violently and started beeping which wasn't a good sign. Mando started pressing a few buttons around the cockpit before saying 'hold on'

We dived downward and i quickly help onto my seat with my free hand as I held the child. "Aaah!!" I screamed for dare life as we went down.

"I can bring you in warm or I can bring you in cold." The hunter said as the crest leveled out and I fell silent, panting.

Mando suddenly hit breaks on his crest, forcing me to move  forward roughly in my seat, luckily I was strapped in.

The starfighter flew over us, scraping the top of the ship.

As it was ahead if us, Mando locked on the target. "That's my line." He said before shooting his lazers at the starfighter, blowing it up to pieces.

My breathing starting to calm down as I looked at the back of Mando's helmet.

"Everything okay?" He asked. I gulped and nodded slightly, even though he couldn't see me. "I'm okay, he's okay too." I mumbled, winching slightly.

"Your wound?" He asked quietly. "Better."

He hummed, rising from his seat. "No no, it's okay! I'll take care of it once we get somewhere safe." I said and he sat back down before turning around after.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

The ship was constantly beeping and mando was trying his best to fixed it so that the crest would be stable to last us some time until we land.

"Losing fuel.." he said. Everything on the ship suddenly turned off and all that remained on were the emergency lights behind us.

He got up from his seat and flipped a switch that turned most of the important power back on. Once he sat back down and flipped a few more switches, the ship turned completely on and we were on our way to the nearest planet.

When Mando flipped a switch above his head, there were radio statics and soon after a voice coming in. "This is Mos Eisley Tower. We are tracking you. Head for bay three-five, over." The operator said.

"Copy that. Locked in for three-five." Mando responded.

Once we had landed, I looked down in my arms to see that the child was asleep. I couldn't believe he fell asleep through all of that but he was a child after all.