Fred Weasley - Fake it till you make it

ابدأ من البداية

"And what's that gonna be?"

"Fake it till you make it."

"Wow", you sighed. "What a plan."

"No, no, no. Wait for it!", she told you with an impish grin. "We'll ask some guy if he'll pretend to be your boyfriend for the night."

"What?"

"Yes!"

"Claire, that's a bad plan. That's not even a plan."

"It's a great plan and I'll make it happen. Come on Y/N. Give him a taste of his own medicine. And tomorrow we'll go home. No one's going to talk about it afterwards anyway."

She waited for your response with an open-mouthed smile, ready to go, fingers snapping and lightly bouncing on her heels as if she had just told you the cure for every single disease on earth.

You raised your hand, one finger pointing upwards, showing her to wait, downed the rest of your drink in one big sip and said: "Fine. Do it. But don't bring anyone that's even slightly similar to McLaggen."

"No worries. I'll find you a nice chap", she sang and went into the crowd.

The minutes passed slowly while Cormac made sure to glance your way every now and then, turning away with a pleased smile each time. You decided to get yourself another drink and tapped your foot to the stone floor impatiently while filling up your glass. You had almost finished it again when Claire finally came back. She beamed at you and wiggled her eyebrows in excitement before turning around to present you your new fake boyfriend.

An equally confused as amused Fred Weasley followed her and stopped to look at you, the left end of his mouth pulling upwards slightly before he turned to Claire again and whispered something into her ear. She shook her head, gestured wildly with her hands while telling him something you couldn't hear and brought him closer to you.

"Alright, I got to go now", she told you wily and disappeared.

"Um, hi", Fred said after a few seconds and took a sip of his drink.

"Hi", you answered and smiled to cover up the awkwardness.

"You wanted to ask me something?"

"Oh. Um - didn't Claire tell you anything about her plan?"

"No", he said, although it sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Oh, well, perfect", you sighed. "Okay, um listen. This wasn't my idea, so please don't think I'm a total freak, but I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend."

Fred's eyes went wide for a moment before he barked a single laugh: "You need what?"

Your fingers started to shake in embarrassment, you knew this wasn't a good plan. "Shit", you whispered to yourself. "It was Claire's idea. You see, Cormac dumped me some weeks ago and acts like a total moron right there, showing off how many girls are swooning over him. So we thought I'd get a fake boyfriend for the night, to pay him back in kind. But the more I'm explaining, the more I see how stupid this idea is."

"I'll do it", he simply said and took another sip as he watched Cormac from afar.

"You what?"

"I'll do it. McLaggen is a cocky idiot, I'd love to see his stupid face when he sees us together", he told you, took a step closer and added quietly: "Also I couldn't deny the chance to be a beautiful girl's fake boyfriend, could I?"

Both of you laughed, clinked your glasses to seal your deal and downed the rest of your drinks.

"Alright", Fred said after putting your glasses aside. "First, I'll have to introduce my new girlfriend to my friends."