Ch. 5 New Friends

Narrator pov

A new has come into the streets of Mapletree, filling it with the early sunrise. During this time, the sound of the worst enemy has come.  The alarm clock. The alarm rang the entire house as Y/n slammed his fist in hopes of breaking it but being half awake it didn't. Starting his routine of getting to school was tiring for him due to not getting enough sleep or tired of going to school.

Y/n pov

Although I finished with my routine, I started to head downstairs and was greeted by the smell of bacon. Salivating at the thought I jumped downstairs to see Mom cooking waffles with bacon.
"Good morning, sleepyhead" Mom said with a cherry voice.
"Good morning, mom" I said

I took a seat near the kitchen table and waited for the waffles and most importantly the bacon to be fully cook. By the time I sat down, the fully cooked bacon with the waffles are finished cooking. Mom then served you with love as she always says. Savoring every bite you take, Mom patted my head even though I didn't like it since I'm not a little kid anymore.

"I hope you have a great day at school" Mom said softly with a smile.
"Mom it's school. It's always not great" I sighed.
"You're just overthinking, it can't be that bad" Mom answered.
(Mind) "You're not gonna like it what I experienced yesterday."

After eating breakfast, I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door. Before my hand touched the door handle I feel Mom giving me a hug from behind.

"Bye sweetheart" Mom said.
"Bye Mom" I sighed. I opened the front door and left the house.

Narrator pov

After departing his own house and strolled towards the school. Being bored as he was he always listens to his music. Slipping his AirPods in and turned his music to his ears.

"ʸ/ⁿ. ʸ/ⁿ. Y/n. Y/ɴ! Y/N!!" A faint voice called.

During his calming music playing through this ears he heard a faint sound like someone calling his name. Being confused your turned to your left, nothing and no one. Your eyes shifted to your right, once again no one and nothing. This feeling had already crept you out and resumed to your actions to shrug off the feeling. Then the voice grew louder each second which finally he look to see who it was. It was just Ashley.

Y/n pov

I heard an angry voice told me to turn around. Fearing that Randy wants to fight me or worse kill me from this point. Wait a minute, I don't know where he lives nor is he from his neighborhood. Could he live right here, I don't know. Then I turn around to see an angry Ashley glaring at me.

"Y/n, I've been trying to call you. You shouldn't let your guard down even if you're safe." Ashley said sternly.
"Sorry Ashley. I was just listening in peace" I said.
"What if someone were to show up and attempt to snag or harass you!"
"What if someone were to tell you that you look cute when you're mad?" I said with a smug.
Ashley blushed at what I just said.
"I-I-Is that true?"
"Yep and it's an indisputable fact."

Me and Ashley proceeded to walk towards the school grounds. In my peripheral vision I can see Ashley still blushing and smiling while looking away as if she was trying to hide her gaze at me. I'm not going to assume that she is easily flustered or was never complimented before so I kept this to myself. Upon arriving, Tori was sitting in on a branch of a tree next to the school entrance. Once spotted, Tori jumped down and got closer to us.