But she is independent here in LA and she feels good about it. So she is going to stick around for a while still. Going home is just too easy. By week three however she has made her room feel like a safe haven, fairy lights give it a soft glow and her bed has endless fluffy pillows and blankets that she sinks into every evening. Even with all this though deep down the longer she stays in LA the more she realizes LA will never feel like home no matter how long she stays here.

It's a Monday morning when she is sitting in the corner of the board room with PR managers in designer suits sitting around a big glass oval table all unsuccessfully trying not to freak out. They have just landed a huge client who wants to change PR companies and has chosen to take a chance on theirs. She nearly died when she heard who the client is, Austin Post, he is a singer, and right now he is hot shit. 25 years old, blue eyes, curly brown hair that he always puts up in a bun, and a dusting of facial hair. He wears cowboy boots, Stetsons, and brightly colored tailored suits that are often scattered with rhinestones. He also happens to have all of his glorious 6-foot body splashed in tattoos. He is every girl's fantasy. Marli is not exempt from his cowboyish charms. She has drooled over countless music videos and promotional posters. She checks his social media pages regularly and is currently obsessed with his latest release. She would be lying right now if she said she is not freaking out a little at the thought of catching a glimpse of Austin Post when he comes in later today.

By midday, the office is a flurry of people. It's an hour before Austin Post is due to arrive and Marli is handed a list of coffees and pastries she needs to get. It's a big order and takes the full hour to get it filled. Marli makes her way back to the office, she has to make two trips and carries everything to the office kitchen. When she enters the kitchen a second time she starts transferring the order to the silver tray with wheels. Rather than look like a madwoman trying to balance a zillion pastries and coffees. Wheeling the tray through the office towards the board room she can see no one is working they are all trying to catch a glimpse of Austin Post through the glass board room doors. She rolls her eyes at how silly they are being, but her heart beats a little faster when she sees his back through the glass door. Bloody hell get a grip.

She pushes the door open and it's clear the meeting is in full swing. So she tries to keep as quiet as possible laying the pastries on the sideboard and then gives a little sigh of relief when she sees each person has a small paper nameplate in front of them. She goes around the table carefully and matches the coffees to each person. When she gets to Austin Post his oakwood and leather scent hits all her senses.

He cocks his head slightly and looks at her from the corner of his eye with one eyebrow raised and a hint of a smile on his face. "Thank you lil mama," he whispers in a heavy Southen drawl. Marli nods and if her knees buckle a bit, no one seems to notice. Once her duties are done she moves to sit on her chair in the corner of the room.

"He needs to look good, we changed PR teams without a second thought and will do the same to you if we don't get what we came for. There is no negotiation on that." A man with ginger hair who is sitting next to Austin Post says to Marli's boss. She thinks his name tag said, Jonas. Austin Post came in with three men, the red-haired one doing all the talking while the other two look like his bodyguards. Austin Post is sitting quietly tapping his fingers on the table next to his Stetson. "We will do whatever it takes as long as he is prepared to meet us halfway. Mr. Post, are you prepared to do that?" Mr. Jones, Marli's boss asks. "Yes sir, I am. I promise you that. I take my career very seriously, sir," Austin replies.

Marli is taken aback by how well-spoken Austin is. He has a proper cowboy drawl, it rumbles up from his belly, soft and soothing. She tries to zone out, it's a private meeting after all but she does catch that Austin hates LA, and is developing a bit of a party boy image thus leading to the PR's first problem to solve - the weekend just passed he was arrested with drugs and alcohol in his system and the story is due to break this week. A few of his songs repeat in her head, she should have known, he said once in an interview she watched that most of his songs are reflections of his life.