Chapter 1: Alister's Awaking

Start from the beginning

"Come now let us leave," the butler ushers me out of the room and takes 3 lefts and 2 rights then I lose count. He walks down some more hallways until he opens a door and there are 3 kids inside. I see a redhead with ice blue eyes a muted brown jacket, a girl who looks like him but blonde and looked like a goth Lolita, and a boy that looked a bit older with dark brown hair and eyes he wore a tasteful burnt orange jacket. They all looked at my annoyed.

"Alister! You know how long we were waiting for you!" the girl said crossing her arm and giving me a very clearly annoyed glare. I felt embarrassed and was starting to get a bit irritated at this dream.

"Sorry, I didn't realize how long I had been sleeping for," I lay softly.

"Oh please, get over yourself pity and let's start the lesson. You are lucky Teacher said he'd wait for you," the young girl said. As she said that my attention snapped to the man standing against the wall looking annoyed as well. His eyes were a mossy green and his hair greyed. Fit for an old man too.

"Your late Alister," the man addressed me snapping lightly.

"I didn't intend to be," I say feeling bashful and irritated at the same time.

"Take your seat next to Penny, hurry now," he says waving me to the desk next to the girl. Then this man starts talking about some emperor and how he ruled over the whole content. I tried to piece together what Layla had told me about this place and what this man was saying.

Basically, there are 4 kingdoms and one emperor that rules over all four of them. However, no one has ever seen him they only get info passed down to them. The four Kingdoms include Hiems, Vernal, Aestas, Autumna. Each one latten for a season, Hiems is winter, Vernal is spring, Aestas is summer and Autumna is obviously Autumn. Each land matches with the season it's named after. Clearly, I live in Autumna because of all the fall colours in the room.

I'd prefer the winter place, but I do like the aesthetic of the fall place. nice, muted colours and tasteful browns it's nice. I also like the cooler days.

I snap back into attention when the teacher calls my name, "Alister! I asked you a question!"

"Right sorry! I'm still a bit tired," I say.

"I don't know how, so you most certainly got plenty of sleep this morning."

"I'm sorry, sir. Could you please repeat the question," I say trying not to let how annoyed I am at them continuously talking about how I was late this morning slip out.

"I asked you who the current ruler of the Vernal is," the teacher asked his voice clearly annoyed. I swallowed a lump in my throat and desperately tried to remember his name he was the true villain of this story after all. It was Ambrose something, Ambrose May?...no... Ambrose April! yeah, that's it.

"Ambrose April," I say confidently.

"Correct took you quite a while, Alister please try to keep focused," the teacher said annoyed that I got the answer right.

Penny looked over at me and shrugged. Apparently, she didn't know it at all. Thank God I listened to Layla when she was ranting about how oddly sexy the king from Vanal was.

"I swear to god if this mother fucker calls on me one more time I'm going to put him in a guillotine," From next to me I hear Penny let out a little laugh. Shit did I say that out loud? I glance over to Penny and she's red trying to hold back her laughter.

"Alister!" She said with a small laugh. I didn't say anything as I sat there for the rest of the lecture.

After class the students sat there for a minute to talk a bit I suppose.