After the emperor and empress has had their debut, the two other children of the royal family were supposed to go in.

"Claude." I nudged him. "Come onnnnnnn."

I started poking him until I obtained a reaction.

He sighed and took my hand as we also joined them. If I hated the eyes of everyone on us, I sure didn't dislike dancing with Claude (as terrible as he is).

"Smile." I urged him as I winked towards Roselia who waved at me from the audience with a boy next to her who seemed average. Not my type but he looked rich. Sounded like someone Roselia would take in deed.

And then the music's slow rythme started to change once again and I started to worry about something. In this era's common dancing there is a part where the man lifts the woman up by the waist (remember Disney movies?). Yesterday in town Claude and I both silently agreed to skip that part because...yeah. But you can't skip it in front of so many people.

If Claude fails this one, it'll be a mistake I won't be able to cover up. Oh Jesus Christ. I don't want both of us on the floor with everyone laughing at us.

But before I even noticed, both of Claude's hands were placed firmly on my waist and he just lifted me up and put me back down skillfully as if I was no heavier than Antoinella the cat. We resumed dancing as if nothing happened. How could he manage the lift but not the steps?!

"Well good job." I admitted.

He looked proud of himself. Okay Claude you can have this one.

The other nobles gradually joined in and soon we were quite the mob to all dance together. The only ones who didn't dance were the elderly and the ones too young. There were a few children my age who didn't dance. Some because they had medical issues, some others because their dancing was too imperfect to be allowed to dance the first dance of such an important banquet, and some because they had no partner. The youngest ones obviously didn't join in. There were also widows standing at the side and others who couldn't score a partner.

I looked to the corner just to find unfortunately neither Lily nor Felix had joined us. By now however Felix surely noticed her.

The dance ended shortly after. Claude and I bowed in front of one another.

"Great job." I told him.

"Aha yeahhhhhhh." He looked away.

The crowd started to disperse. There was a partner switch before the music would restart. In the corner of my eye, I saw Alice rush to the buffet to ingulf (elegantly) some salad before another boy asked her to dance and she agreed immediately.

Most people however decided they'd take a break and just watch the next dance or resume their previous activities. Some went on to congratulate Aetvum on his birthday. I won't do it because...I may or may not have forgotten his age. Anyway. He looks old, that's all I know.

"So m'lady." Anastacius walked towards me while his previous partner seemed in a state of pure shock. What, did she serious think she'd have her rights with him the whole night? "Excuse me Claude, it's my turn now."

"Okay. Have fun." Claude said. He kissed me on the cheek before he left quickly. That was new, but he kisses his mother the same way. Can't say I complain though!