"Oh, c'mon! We're both extremely smart and better than all our peers around us," Damien says going to the bathroom. I lean against the door and continue talking to him.

"I mean yeah, but there's a big difference between 20 and 18. At 18 we were stupid freshmen. Now we're stupid JRs big difference. But speaking scientifically our brains are way more mature," I say with a confident smile.

"And it was real mature of us to bark and whine about that truck outside last night," Damien says laughing.

"Well, that asshole had it coming it was 2 in the fucking morning. If he wanted a 2 am blowy then he shouldn't have done it in front of our dorm building," I say rolling my eyes.

"Anyway, I feel like the Villainess Elisia would have been a much better choice for a knight rather than Claire. She's so annoying. At least Elisia knew what she wanted and how to get it." I say shrugging.

"And I say you're reading way too much into this game. It's just an insert character and not a real person. Think how stupid it would be if they were a real person and not a shell of a person," Damien said sarcastically.

"Oh, shut up you just think it's boring because there are only two gay characters and we don't even really get to know them," I say rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry I want my gay love interests, okay? I can dream about being a real boy with another boy if I want okay?" Damien says snapping back and lightly slamming his fist.

"Well then let me live my reverse harem fantasy," I say stomping my foot lightly.

"Whatever," Damien says pulling the door open and making me stumble slightly.

"Hey!" I say and Damien laughs at my expense.

"Sorry I didn't know you were against the door," Damien says. As we grab our backpacks and head out of the dorm.

"I mean, think about it Elisia is like the ultimate powerhouse! Money, beauty, brains, brawn, honestly she'd be a much better protag," I say shrugging.

"Layla, honestly, "Damien says defeated.

"What character do you like?" I ask hitting the button for the elevator.

"I dunno I kind of like the crown prince. he really seems to have the life; he lives in a place where everything he needs or could want is served on a silver platter. Not to mention he gets to boss everyone around and abuse his authority,"

"He doesn't abuse this Authority," I say shaking my head.

"But he should, it'd make everything much better. And you can't tell me if you were him you wouldn't abuse that power," Damien says smirking.

"Yeah, but he's not us. He's a morally good person, who knows no pain," I say entering the elevator.

"I think you'd like it if you read it. The guys are pretty well written, I'd believe that they were real. You can pretend The Protag is a man in a dress if you want," I say shrugging.

"Nah, I don't like the idea of being the bottom in most of these relationships," Damien says shaking his head.

"Well, some of them are bottoms like both princes, Alister and Brandon, I say shrugging.

"I mean yeah, I like both of them but like I'd have to skip the stuff with the others," Damien says huffing.

"I think you'd like it seriously," I say as the elevator door opens. My blood instantly runs cold.

A shiny metallic object catches the light. Before I can even realize what it was the sound echoed through the elevator making my ears ring instantly. I open my mouth to warn Damien but watch as he hits the ground. The blood soaks through onto the floor instantly. Panic rises in me at seeing my best friend dying at my feet. I look down at him in horror. He died because I couldn't help him. He died because we were late because I was playing that stupid game!

Before I could even form another thought I heard another gunshot go off I felt it breeze past me and felt the heat burn my face. I try to close the door and look for something to stop this. There's nothing here except metal walls. The elevator stays open, and the man enters it his eyes full of malice. Without another thought, he pulls the trigger. I think he misses me again, but I look down and see a red spot bubbling under my breast. I fall to my knees next to Damien. 

Blood fills my lungs where I was shot, and the pain starts coming. I try to take a breath, but I can't get my lungs to fill with air. Blood fills my airways as I start wheezing. Of all the ways to die it had to be drowning in my own blood next to my best friend. Black spots appear in my vision as I gag: blood fills my mouth and runs over mixing with Damien's blood. I hear sirens go off in the distance. It's too late, I think as my body suddenly felt lighter and the pain starts to fade. Slowly I let go and let the darkness take me over.