Fighting and Fleeing

I dropped to the ground, my palm placed firmly on where he just hit me, in complete shock, I got up visibly shaking. He rolled his sleeves up after taking off his Blazer, and undid the few too buttons of his silk shirt. This is the first time I had actually felt scared and I immediately pushed aside all of the pain in my cheek, and stood up.
I just about dodged his second jab towards my throat, clearly aiming to do me a lot of harm. Now the crowd had gotten loud, everyone in sight cheering apart from Connie, who is looking at me as though I'm going to die.

Michael and Sonny were following me not long ago, where are they now? I really hate Corleone's, I FUCKIN' HATE THEM.
I found where the slit was in my dress, and I used that to weave my leg through and kick him square in the stomach, a place that will send him flying back.
Whilst the man was recovering, tying his tie around his knuckles, the crowd sort of dispersed, and I saw a clear pathway to get to the back of the crowd, and blend into it. I might have to get another bottle of alcohol after this.

I swiftly, without wasting any time, manoeuvred through the tight packed people, and I was about to reach the bar when I felt someone or something touch my hand, slowly making its way to hold my hand. I didn't even want to look up. I knew who it was: based on his rigid stature, yet soft hands that could comfort anyone.
'Beautiful, look at me.' Michael demanded, he seemed angry just by the tone in his voice, I barely even know this man! Even so, I lifted my head up to stare him right in the eyes, his warm, umber eyes not even an inch away from my own.

'I don't why he attacked me, I didn't mean for the glass to even leave my hand, I don't-' I started, almost breaking down.
'Shh shh, I believe you. Adella, you have to understand though, this is my family. It isn't me.' He says hugging me and playing with my hair whilst I cry into his shoulder. At this point, I was letting it all out, I'm not a violent person, and being involved in massive parties with vicious men definitely isn't something I enjoy.

Michael and I stayed in that position for a few minutes atleast, eventually pulling away from me, wiping my tears. I was frightened to say the least, I thought I was going to die there, in the arms of a man I don't even know, over a simple accident. I continued to sob whilst he was helping me put myself together again. I don't remember the last time I cried, this must be the first this year.

Sonny came up behind me, grabbing my hand and twirling me around two times before putting a hand on my back and lowering me down, pushing his face above mine, 'you really know how to kick don't you? Someone ad beautiful as you could actually be useful, I just wish that everyone else would see that, gorgeous.'
He let go of me and winked at Michael and he walked away over to Vito's office where God knows he was doing.
I screamed and let out a horrifying high pitched screech as Michael picked me up bridal style immediately making my hands wrap around his neck, my face cozying into the crook of it.

Michael for sure is one good looking man, and the youngest out of Vito's sons. This means that theoretically, if i were to marry him, we would hardly be involved in the mafia and violence. Right?
And before I knew it, I was back inside his grand bedroom, Michael laying me on the bed as though I was made of valuable jewels.
'You're the most alluring and enchanting woman I have ever met, I hope someday you will learn how much you, a woman I have known for only two days, means to me.' Michael says, his voice way softer as it was yesterday.

He climbed onto the bed and layed behind me, draping an arm around my waist.
'I heard that you talked to my Father about why we both got kicked out of that Dull meeting, I didn't get a straight Answer, did you?' Michael asked after snuggling into my neck.

'No, Michael, he won't let me. The only thing he said that actually made sense to me, was when he told me to wait and see what happens.' I informed him back, yawning.

Michael obviously took that yawn to heart, and pulled his silk sheets over put conjoined bodies, covering where our two hands were clinging onto one another.
What am I doing in Michael Corleone's bed!? It's like I am sleeping with the enemy, and why are we in bed at like 3 PM? God he has really brain washed me, and I must can't wait for whatever is soon to come about peace between our two families.

All these thoughts were running through my head when Michael cleared his throat and spoke.
'I can tell that somethings bothering you Doll, just go to sleep and I will take you to you're parents house when you wake up, and don't worry, I will be right next to you. Sonny went and informed my father on the man that tried to harm you. He has been thrown out and I'm keeping you safe.'

I keep contradicting myself, I think this man has a chance with me honestly, he's a modest gentleman that like me doesn't want anything to do with the Mafia, luckily he's the youngest of the batch so he's not an heir.
Out of all of my suitors and loves, this man who is sleeping beside me seems the most pure and genuine, his smile fading as he slips into a deep sleep beside me. I too ended up falling asleep, and we both soundlessly laid together in his bed.