Chapter 5

"Hello? Annabelle?" The doctor said over and over again. I must have fainted from fright or worry. I opened my eyes and replied,

"D-doctor Smith?"

"Yes, very good Annabelle. You seemed to have passed out while we were talking. You went pale, and then you just hit the table." All of a sudden I noticed the sharp pain in my head. I cringed, and Dr. Smith must have noticed because he said,

"Did I mention that you fell head first off the table?"

"N-no, you left that part out doc," I waited a minute and he grinned through his white mustache and wrinkles. "Did you figure out why my throat is so sore?" I was so nervous that he may have discovered my cuts.

"Yes, I did. It seems you have strep throat. It has been progressing, you just haven't noticed it up until now. I will perscribe you some medication for it, but until it goes away, you ought not to go to school." I sighed full of relief, he probably just thought that I was sighing because I had strep throat.

"Thank you Dr. Smith, I really appreciate it."

"Any time Annabelle, that's why I went to college in the dinosaur times you know." I couldn't help but giggle at that. I cringed again, the pain in my head is getting worse. "Would you like some ice for your head?"

"Oh, could I please?" I sighed once again. He chuckled.

Dr. Smith poked his head out of the door and stopped a passing nurse. She was freakishly beautiful. She looked like she could win America's Next Top Model or something. Or she could be a Victoria's Secret model. Her lucious, long, blonde curly hair. Her flawless, glowing, tanned skin. She had brilliant blue eyes, clear as a pool, and big lips.

"Tiffany, could you fetch this young lady an ice pack?" Dr. Smith asked the nurse whose name I would obviously assume was Tiffany.

"Of course I can Dr. Smith," Her voice was as soft and beautiful as her physical features. She returned to the room seconds later, her blonde hair flowing behind her. "Here you are sweetie, that there is one goose egg. Do you need any pain relievers or anything?"

"Um," I cleared my throat, my voice was no where near and soft and sensitive and beautiful as hers. "Tylenol would be great thank you."

"Anything hun,"

Then she walked out to a small room right across the hall and opened a drawer. It was full of bottles and loose pills everywhere. I saw her grab a little white and red bottle, and open it up to reveal two small white tablets. She then put the two pills into her white coat pocket, and walked over the the sink to fill up a small blue plastic cup with water.

She returned to the exam room, and handed me the cup and pills. I swallowed them both down in one gulp, but to no avail because I still could slightly taste the awful chalky taste of the pills. "Thank you," I said to her.

"I'm always here if you need me," She glanced over at my folder that Dr. Smith was looking at on the counter. "Annabelle." She walked out, giving a slight wave of her hand.

Why couldn't we all be so nice and naturally beautiful like her? It just wasn't fair! She is a nurse, when she could have been a super model! Why would she pass that opportunity up? She had to be about twenty-five, and most twenty-five year olds dream of being models... well okay, most 15 year olds dream of being models, but you still get my point.

"Alright Annabelle, I have finished filling out your persciption and I already faxed it in so it should be ready to pick up in about thirty minutes." Dr. Smith said as he walked into the exam room.

"Thanks again Dr. Smith."

"My pleasure Annabelle, and I already told your mother what was wrong and she said that you two would be over to pick up the persciption once you leave, which you can now since you haven't had any dizzyness, naseua, or fatigue since you fainted... have you?"

"No sir," He came over and grabbed my elbow to help me down just in case.

We walked out to the waiting room, to find my mother slumped down in a chair, staring at the wall with a blank expression not even noticing out entrance. Dr. Smith  let go of my elbow, nodded his head, and walked back through the door to his office. I then walked over to the check out counter, with my mothers wallet, and did all the nescisary checking out and what not.

"Come on mother," I said to her, but she didn't budge. "Mom? Mom? MOM?!" She still didn't budge, not even an inch. Her eyes were focused on one spot, and she wasn't even blinking. I was beginning to worry.

I walked cautiously over to her, and poked her shoulder, she was warm, but not warm like regularly. Then, she fell over, and out of the chair, revealing the knife in her back. It must have hit her lungs because she never screamed, or at least not while I was concious.

Tears rolled down my face, as I collapsed to my knees around her. Sure, she wasn't a very good mother, but that was my fathers fault. He did this to her. She was the greatest mother in the world until he up and left her. She wouldn't be like this if my father had never left, he would have brought me instead while my mother cooked and cleaned the house, and he would have been too intimidating for somebody to try and murder him.

I heard somebody walk out of the exam room hallway, and I looked up to see who it was. It was Tiffany. Immediately she ran over to me and made me walk away from my poor mothers dead body. She began crying, as she held me tight, as my mother used to in her good days. I was crying so hard now, I burried my face in Tiffany's arm.

One of the ladies at the front desk dialed 911 to tell them about what happened. "Someone just murdered a woman here! ... Yes, ... She looks to be in her forties, ... 1211 West Peak Road ... The big white building with a tin roof, ... Please, please hurry!" She hung up the phone and said to us,

"Listen, they said for everybody to stay away from the body, and nobody can leave the building."

I then felt what seemed like a knife come up and rest on my throat. I screamed, but it was then muffled by the big, gloved hand, of what looked like a large man.

*Please comment and VOTE! This is an intense chapter... and I would really appreciate it if you could tell everyone you can about this! Thanks a ton!*

-xx emily