The king asks with a look of curiosity on his face.

"Huh?"

Luffy asks with a look of confusion. That quickly turns to a look of pain and sorrow when he asks.

"Free, I mean?"

"No. I finally made it here, but it no longer holds any joy or wonders for me. Not when I no longer have anyone to share it with. Everyone I care about is gone, and it's all because of Akainu and those damn marines, and that bastard Black Beard."

He says with venom and a look of anger.

"How can I be free. When my Nakama, my family are dead?"

He asks looking the king in the eyes.

"I may be the king now, but the price was too high."

After hearing this Roger looks at the boy in front of him in sorrow. Until a look of mischief starts taking over his face when he asks.

"Hmmm. Tell me young man. If you had the chance to go back, to change things. Would you?"

Luffy looks at Roger in confusion before asking.

"Go back? Back where and to change what?" "There is nowhere for me to go back to, and nothing to change."

Luffy looks at the treasure, once more thinking of his crew and his family and how it should have been.

"Why back in time of course!"

He says with a mega watt grin.

Head snapping to look at the ghost in shock, that quickly becomes a look of hope he says.

"YES! I would do anything to get my friends, my family, my soulmates back. I would do absolutely anything if it meant I could save them. Anything."

"Even if they won't remember me, or want nothing to do with me. I want them to live. To have the chance to complete their dreams."

"A chance to save my brothers, my crew, my mates, my friends and family from those damn marines, and that bastard Teach. Is something I would give everything for even my life."

"And what if I told you I could send you back?"

Eyes widening and filling with tears threatening to fall, he asks in a small, watery, and hopeful voice.

"Really? Can you really do that? Is it actually possible?"

"Yes. After all, you are the Pirate King now! And your prize the One-Piece isn't only gold afterall. One of the treasures here is the Toki-Toki no mi. Also known as the Time-Time fruit. And it has almost no limits to it's power."