1.Tobias

(First ep link at the top, I suggest you listen while you read. Later on in the chapter I'll tell you when it's best to start it bc the beginning is just a little backstory on Toby)

Humming along to a song in my head, I continue polishing the crown on the stand. A queen's crown, though we have none yet. Just our Prince, the Dark Prince. It is my luck to even be working under him, even if only as a servant. I've no muscle mass, and if I were to work in the villages then I'd most likely have been forced to farm. I cannot stand dirt and sweat and I try avoiding it at all costs. So, being someone who cleans the dirt and grime, it is much more pleasurable for me.

I gingerly handle the fine piece, wiping dust from the sides and adding the polishing oils, spreading it upon the almost white silver so that the metal shines perfectly. I set the crown back on the stand, replace the black case, and collect all of my tools. I travel back to the large supply closet and put them in their correct places and order. Afterward I head to my spare room upstairs. Every one of the Prince's workers have a spare room that they can choose to either stay in or sleep at home. I sleep at home though I stay in the manor from time to time.

As I step into the room, I slowly tug off my clothes. A warm, sweet bath was needed before I got to work in the kitchens. I started the water and dug aroung the cabnets for some bath salt. I mean, what do you expect? What else is going to keep this porceline skin so smooth? I pour in the bath salt, swish it around, and sink into the smooth and warm water. I sigh contently as I let my body be consumed by the warmth. As I lay to soak in the hot bath I find myself thinking back on my life. The love story between my parents was quite strange yet sappy.

My mother was an assasin as well as a mage and my father was a personal knight of a native nobelman but he was also an angel. My mother was assigned to kill said nobelman, but in doing so she met my father. At first they were enemies. My mother was sadistic, liked to mess with my father. My father was nobel and merciful, yet he still fell for her tricks. My mother had seduced him, imobilized him, and assasinated the nobelman he was protecting. My father was furious to not only find the nobelman dead, but also my mother gone.

He spent years searching for her, until one of his men caught a trail of assasinations along te east coast. Right outside of the Obsidian cascade where I currently reside, actually. When he found her, he had planned to kill her. Yet, instead, he found she had fallen preganant with his children, twins. He instead held her there, captive, and cared for her. Finally she had given birth to two baby boys, Tobias and Dally Cyrus. My father was at first ecstatic to have twin boys, but as we grew slowly he came to find that both of us would not be able to become what he wanted.

As Dally grew, he became rightious and at age 8 he knew how to properly hold and swing a sword. I, on the other hand, learned how to paint at age 8. My Father wanted warriors, not artists. He was severely dissapointed in me, said that if I didn't learn to fight like him, Dally, and Mother, that I would nevebe part of the family. He forced me to learn battle techniques, but my mother was more caring about it. She loved me just the same, and although she did have me learn techniques of her own, she also helped me to persue my talent in art.

We did this in secret. Every night after dinner she would take me out to a open area in the forest to learn painting techniques. By age 10 I could paint realistic people just by memory. A couple of my pieces were actually sold to and hung in the Manor, though I don't think anyone knows they're mine. One night though, my father found out about us sneaking off and forced mother and I to stay home that night. During the night he had snuck into my room, packed all of my things, and carried me all the way into the villages of the Obsidian Cascade, where he dropped me at a random spot in the cold and rainy night.

He left me there, hoping I would forget that I was even related to him. Yet, he failed to remember to take the precious sun medallion that was wrapped aroung my neck. My twin had a silver one and it was instead the moon. We were born as identical twins, yet we looked like polar opposites. When I woke I found myself inside of a warm village house, on one of the softest beds I have ever been in. A man came in and asked if I was alright. I talked with him and found out that he found me by his house, passed out and burning up in the cold rain. He told me that I could call him Alex but I prefer doc just to annoy him since he's a doctor. He's gotten used to it by now.