1

"Who is this knocking on my door." Cali mumbled to herself as she got out of her King size bed.

It was 7:30 in the morning and she was waking up to open the door. She walked downstairs and looked through the peep hole. Rolling her eyes she opened it and was face with her boyfriend/baby daddy, Maurice.

"What are you doing here so early?" Cali questioned him looking at his three homeboys who stood behind him.

"Cali we need to lay low in here for a while." Maurice said stepping pass her with his three homeboys following him.

She glanced outside making sure her neighbors didn't see what was going on. She lived in an upscale community and she didn't want the neighbors questioning what was going on or calling the police.

Cali lived in a two story, not including the basement, home. She had four bedrooms and two and a half baths. She was doing good for herself at the age of 24. She had a hair salon which was filled with hair stylist who paid rent for their booth and she sold hair at the hair salon. That wasn't all she did, she was a sports agent.

Cali walked into her living room where the grown men made their selves comfortable and cut the tv on.

"Maurice what-"

"Baby can you make us some breakfast. We've been out all night and we're hungry." Maurice said cutting her off.

Cali rolled her eyes. She hated being cut off and what he just did was disrespectful coming into her home that she paid for with three of his hood rat friends.

"Maurice tell your friends they need to take their fucking shoes off in my house." She was trying so hard not to go off.

"Aye y'all take ya fucking shoes off. My girl don't play that shit."

Cali sighed walking into the kitchen to make breakfast. She was already up so she mine as well get to cooking.

She had just finished cooking french toast, eggs, bacon and grits.

"The food is done." As soon as she said that the three men rushed to the kitchen.

Noticing Maurice wasn't down here she went upstairs into her room to see him laying on the bed with a whole new outfit on.

He must've took a shower. She thought looking at him.

"The food done." She said with no change of tone.

"What's wrong with you?" Maurice got up and walked over to Cali grabbing her hands.

"Why do you always do this?" Cali asked him.

Maurice would always do this. Bring his street business to her house where their daughter slept.

"You said you was going to be here when I needed you and I needed you." Maurice said brushing her curly hair out of her face.

"But where do you be when I need you?"

Cali haven't talked to him the whole day before today. It seemed like he was ignoring her texts and sending her to voice mail.

"You know I be busy." Maurice replied getting irritated.

He dropped her hands and walked out the room and downstairs. He didn't feel like having the same conversation with Cali again and again. Cali walked into her bathroom to handle her business. She washed her face and brushed her teeth. After doing that she made her way downstairs so she could eat.

They now was in the living room with their plates on her coffee table and their trash surrounding it.

"Get this shit up right now." Cali demanded. They were not going to trash her house.

"Man get ya girl." One of the dudes said.

"You can get the fuck out. Ya fat ass coming here and eating my food. Go home to ya bitch and let her take care of you mothafucka." Cali argued with him. She wasn't having the disrespect.

"And you better not say shit back to her." Maurice threaten the man and like he said the dude didn't reply.

"Right the fuck now." They must've thought she was playing. They got up mumbling under their breath as they picked up their trash.

Cali walked into the kitcen and saw that no food was left but a scoop of eggs.

"Are you fucking serious." She was pissed off. They ate all of her and baby girl food. They didn't even have the decency to save her any and she cooked over the hot stove for a hour. She was close to going off.

Just as she was straightening up she heard little feet coming down the stairs. She looked at the clock, it was 9:30. It was her daughter.

"Daddy." She heard her daughter shriek out.

"Hey baby girl."

She continued to clean as the both of their conversation got closer to her.

"Mommy." Cali turned around and her daughter ran up to her.

"Hi Kylie." Cali hugged her 6 year old daughter giving her a kiss on the cheek. Her mood was definitely better now.

"You cook mommy?"

Cali looked up at Maurice who stood there smiling at the two.

"Your daddy and his friends ate all the food from the both of us."

As soon as Cali said that Kylie pouted and turned to her father looking up at him.

"Daddy why you let them eat all the food from me."

"I didn't know but I'll take you out for breakfast." Maurice said smiling at Kylie.

Cali rolled her eyes. Maurice just pushed buttons in her and some of the things he did was bothersome to her.

"Tell them leave. They too greedy." Kylie demanded.

Cali laughed, she was something else.

"Aight, you and your mother get dressed and I'll take y'all out."

"Ok." Kylie said and ran out the kitchen.

"You're so full of shit." Cali said finishing up what she was doing.

"Man what's your problem?"

"You." Cali stated simply.

"I got the rest of this just go get you and Kylie dressed."

Cali left out without another word going to get her and her daughter dressed.

-

What y'all think so far?