I can’t thank my fortune enough that I met someone like Chiranth. He understands me better than anyone, he takes care of every little detail of mine. He makes me feel strong and special. I don’t have regrets that I didn’t fall in love till now, because now I can happily say that I’m in love with my husband…. Yes the man who filled my hairline has managed to fill my heart with happiness and love….

There’s still a day left before we travel back to Mysore. But since morning there was continuous rain and we had to stay in our cottage as we couldn’t travel anywhere due to the rain.

“I think today we will be struck here itself since the rain has no plans to stop”
He said as we finished our lunch.
“I think so too…”
“How about playing some games?”
He asked.
“ What game?”
“May be some indoor games”
He smirked.
“Chiru…”
“I meant Ludo. I can install that game if you want to play. How do I end up looking like pervert all the time?”
“Because your words always has double meanings”
I scoffed and he laughed.

Next we played Ludo in his phone and as the game progressed intensity of rain was reducing and finally it was just drizzling unlike the heavy pour in the morning.

I kept looking at the rain drops through our balcony.
“Estimating viscosity of rain drops?”
He asked me as he stood next to me.
“Of course not. But there’s something I want to do now”
“And that is?”
“I want to get drenched in rain. I always wanted to do. But never really got a chance”
“Do you need Vice Chancellor’s permission letter for that?”
He asked me and I was confused. When did Vice Chancellor enter the chat ?

He dragged me down the stairs and we were now in the backyard of our cottage. Finally rain drops were kissing our bodies and for a moment I was shivering. Once I got adapted to the water temperature, I started enjoying the rain. I collected some water with my hands and dropped it on him and we started throwing water on each other like kids. We jumped on water puddles without being worried about the clothes. I really felt like a child again.

“Lets go, you’ll catch cold if you stay longer “
He screamed and dragged me to our room. Now I’m shivering as if I’m dipped in ice bucket. I didn’t know this would be so severe since rain water felt much warm.
“I’ll switch on the geyser. Change and dry your hair.”
He said and walked to bathroom with spare clothes. I picked up clean clothes and changed quickly and sat on the bed. Still I was shivering badly. He came out and looked at me and shook his head.

He walked straight to me and made me sit on his lap and hugged me tightly. I felt bit warmer. I kept leaning to his touch and my eyes never left his face. I felt like some strong magnetic field around him was attracting me towards him. When I came back to my senses I was ashamed of my shameless gawking.

I turned my head and in this process of reducing my embarrassment, I did something more stupid. I accidentally brushed my lips against his lips. That’s it…. Temperature of my body was moving up on its own.

“Sorry”
I mumbled and shut my eyes tightly to avoid his gaze.
“You don’t have to be sorry. In fact I have to thank you"
He whispered in my ear without breaking the hug.
I looked a him with utmost confusion.
“ Because now I don’t have to say sorry when I do this”
He mumbled and slowly leaned to kiss my lips. My inexperienced soul didn’t know how to respond, but I loved the sensation of his lips against mine. I let him take control and happily surrendered to the kiss. He nibbled my lower lip and tongue found its route map to my mouth.

My senses did summer saults when the kiss went on and on.. Finally my lips attained freedom when we both were free from stored oxygen in our lung. He pressed his forehead against mine and I couldn’t balance myself because of the amount of giddiness my body experienced at the moment.

“I love you Mrs. Shrinidhi Chiranth Rao. I would love to spend my life with you till I’m breathing”
He spoke with his rugged breathing.
My insides were dancing as soon as I heard those words from him.. I was so lost in myself that I didn’t notice him looking at me.
“I know its too early for you. You can take time”
His tone and words confused me.

Take time for what? Does he think I don’t have feelings for him? Shit......
I didn’t reply when he said I love you…. God I’m such a dimwit…

“I don’t need time.... I was just too happy after hearing what you said and I…. I love you too… Thank you for being the best life partner I could ever asked for”
I kissed his lips… more like pecked since I’m still a Pre KG student in romance….

“Thank you Nidhi. I’ll try my level best to fulfill all your dreams and keep you happy always”
“You have already done enough Chiru. Just be with me always. That’s more than enough for me”
The rain outside or the coldness didn’t bother anymore, I was in the arms of the man I love and nothing else matters more than that.

But my bloody best friend had to disturb our special moments. I hardly had romantic moments till date and my dear Pri has to be the disturbance in it too…
“I’ll take bath. Attend the call”
He said and walked to the bathroom.

“Did I disturb anything Nidhu? Took you lot of time to pick a call.”
“Thank you so much. We were just having some good time together and you decided to be a bone in my boneless chicken nuggets. You had all the time in the universe, in fact I was coming back to Mysore tomorrow. What was such emergency that you called me now?”
“Ohh tigress calm down. I just wanted to ask, if you both can come home. Samay and his parents are coming home to discuss about engagement”
“You’re getting engaged?”
I almost screamed in happiness.

“Calm down. We still haven’t fixed the date. Come here so we can meet and discuss. Anyways what were you two doing that you are so pissed when you picked the call?”
She was taunting me.
“None of your business.”
“I see… My kitten has grown up to a tigress… All thanks to Chiranth sir.”
She was laughing now.
“You’re coming back tomorrow morning right? Then come home for dinner. They are coming too. I want the juicy details of your honeymoon too”
“What nonsense Pri? Its just a trip. Nothing like honeymoon and all”
“Ohh…. So you want him to take you somewhere else for honeymoon ha???
I think I need to ask Chiranth sir to save his salary for your honeymoooon.”
“Shut up Pri and get lost. Bye”
I hanged up the call and sat on the bed. Even if its my honeymoon, why should she be concerned? Tch..
“So you want to go on honeymoon with your husband Nidhi?”
“Of course.. Who doesn’t want to ?”
“Fine”
I turned back to see whom I was talking to.
God bless me….. I was blurting out this shit in front of him.

“Don’t worry. I’ll take you out on honeymoon somewhere special Nidhi”
He said with a sly smile and I picked by towel and ran to bathroom to save myself from the embarrassment.

Three Words, Eight Letters,
say it and I'm all yours"

Finally the long awaited moment is here ❤
Hope happiness finds its way to the lovely couple's life...