xxiii.

゚⚪︎゜º゚︒⦁․∗
ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?

゚⚪︎゜º゚︒⦁․∗ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?

︴▒░. chapter twenty three

VANALISÉ RARELY HAD OFF DAYS, meaning days she felt an indescribable frustration and uncomfortableness with the world at the moment. she was usually a glass half full type of girl, but today felt like the complete opposite.

she hated inflicting her negative emotions on others, but today she was having a terrible day and let it be known to everyone.

"vanna, just take a break already." jack had suggested (more like begged) for at least the one hundredth time that night. "you're clearly too overwhelmed for all this."

vanna huffed, rolling her eyes as she pushed up her glasses, her attention solely on the laptop in front of her. "jack, please, i don't know how many more times i gottta tell you, i can't. the deadline for apps is in two days and i haven't even finished one essay."

it was times like these jack was thankful he had his career path exactly where he wanted. he couldn't imagine pulling his hair out from stress as his girlfriend was currently doing. as much as he loved to see her pursuing her dreams, she was overworking herself and was too stubborn to realize it.

"baby, you will be fine, but you need to take a break right now before you start balding." he joked, but his tone was dead serious.

she glanced at him with annoyed eyes.

as thankful as she was that he was here to support her while she's going through shit like this, he was undoubtedly annoying as fuck. he was distracting, more than anything and if he would've stayed home instead of insisting to come to her house, she probably would have been finished by now.

"i'm serious," he sat up from where he lied down next to her. "you have enough time to do this shit tomorrow since you don't have to work. just close the computer and talk to me. i won't shut up until you do."

she glared at him but he was dead serious. the eye contact remained for some time before she gave in, saving her work and closing the laptop with a grunt.

"now come here."

he motioned for her to sit on his lap, which she automatically tensed up at. she wasn't really in the mood for any type of intimacy, she just wanted a break from the stress and knowing jack, he was always down for intimacy. but she obeyed anyway, straddling him as she sat down facing him—his favorite position.

"you know you're like my favorite person right now, right?" jack's hands already found their way down her body, massaging her lower back. "and seeing you stressed makes me stressed as hell."

his touch felt so good, relaxing her tensed muscles with simple strokes. she lolled her neck slightly, silently letting him know that it felt amazing. that only made him even more confident in his work, allowing his hands to travel from her back to her thighs.

before she could register it, a noise of pleasure escaped her lips at his touch. she opened her eyes immediately, her body tensing back up in complete embarrassment. though he's heard her moans plenty of times before, now seemed very inappropriate.

"it's alright," he nodded, his hands never stopped working and his eyes never left her. he was just focused on making her feel good to get her mind off of the hardships of life. "it's just me and you, baby."

her body slowly relaxed again, letting her head rest on his shoulder as she felt her eyelids get heavier every second. she let out a quiet yawn, her eyes completely closed but her conscience was still prominent. "i hate how good at this you are."

she felt his body shake slightly with laughter. "don't worry, these hands are reserved for you only."

she responded with a lazy hum, her body seconds away from shutting down and getting its rest for the night. physically, she didn't want this to end, the warmth radiating off of her boyfriend onto her was the most comforting thing she had ever experienced. but mentally, she was already checked out, ready to slip out of consciousness.

"sorry for being snappy." she drawled, being completely restricted from talking regularly because of the closeness to passing out she was. "you're nice to me."

jack moved his hands back to her hips, squeezing them in reassurance. "i love being nice to you, baby."

AMI SPEAKS!
LOLOLOL i've been trying
to update for like three days
but i've been super busy w
preparing for stupid finals
next week so forgive me!!

i like all the cute shit but it's
kinda boring so i'm ready to
light this bitch up ong😈

just give me a min cuz yk like
i said...finals week is a bitch
fr cuz i'm failing physics and
math 😒