xxx.

゚⚪︎゜º゚︒⦁․∗
ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?

゚⚪︎゜º゚︒⦁․∗ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?

︴▒░. chapter thirty

"SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT," montero trailed off, eyes squinting in confusion. "so you were convinced that he was cheating, you showed sierra, she went batshit crazy and dragged you to go confront him, made a fool out of herself, you talked to jack, found out he wasn't cheating but was letting a stripper dance on him, and you accepted that and then he dropped the l bomb?"

vanna felt herself sighing for the twentieth time in the last five minutes. she had gave him the rundown after she just simply couldn't stand to talk to anyone else about it. sierra was completely biased even though vanna had told her on multiple occasions that she believed jack. amala was always gone, her career always felt like it was at its peak, she didn't even want to start with druski, so she was left with montero, who had luckily just gotten back to town.

"you want my opinion?" he asked after a few seconds of silence. the girl nodded eagerly, she was so lost right now. "here's what i think—you don't know how to deal with confrontation. you let sierra convince you that you had to confront jack about the video, which is true, but then you let her talk for you in a situation she really didn't have any business in."

"not to mention, you allowed him to flip the roles and somehow get angry at you for being angry at him." montero added, giving her pointed eyes. "he basically guilt tripped you and then dropped the l bomb to make it better, and you let it happen."

vanna frowned, "i didn't let it happen, i didn't even..."

"so you're telling me that you're completely happy with the situation right now? that you didn't once question whether he was genuine or not? but i'm sure if that's the case you would be with him right now and not asking me for advice."

"you were manipulated, and you allowed it because you don't know how to confront people because you associate confrontation with negative outcomes and you're scared to ruin what you have already." montero finished, "tell me i'm wrong."

vanalisé blinked. when she asked him for advice, she did not mean she wanted to get put on blast. she couldn't even effectively retaliate back but she didn't know how she felt about anything. all she knew was that she was not fine, and her relationship was not fine.

she couldn't help but wonder when it all went wrong. was it the whole baby false alarm situation, or was it even before that? vanna had admitted to herself and to jack that she was in the wrong for keeping this to herself for so long, but was it really okay? was she really just being selfish and only looking out for herself?

montero placed a comforting hand on her knee. "what you thinking right now?"

vanna had no clue. "i don't know... i'm just really starting to think that i'm the one that's messing up everything. i'm not trying to, i just...i don't know how to fix it."

montero shook his head. "no. you do have some personal problems that you have to force yourself to work on before you start to get truly comfortable with being in a relationship, but that's just part of it."

"i'm not being biased here, but every time you pointed fingers at him for something he did was for a reasonable complaint. you getting mad at him for bringing up past trauma, getting upset at the fact that he was pushing too hard about communication was also fairly reasonable, and now this." montero explained. "it's okay that you feel upset about some of the things he does, but you just need to learn how to tell him effectively so that it will get solved instead of you taking whatever outcome you get and forcing yourself to be okay with it. it doesn't have to be that way."

vanna nodded, listening to his words thoroughly. it reminded her so much of what jack was saying about her unwillingness to blame other people for the pain inflicted on her and maybe she needed to start doing what jack wanted her to do all along—man up and admit that she isn't going to take shit from anyone anymore.

after a few more minutes of talking, and then a few more minutes of extra long and tight hugs, montero was on his way out, leaving vanna alone with her dangerous thoughts. she was home alone and with her newfound revelation, she could only think of one thing.

IMESSAGES!

van 💙
jack

jackman 🤓
sup bby?

van 💙
you busy?

jackman 🤓
nah, just left the studio

wassup?

van 💙
nothing, just can you come over
if you can? i just wanna talk to u

jackman 🤓
np i'm omw then.

van 💙
mkay, see u

jackman 🤓
see u soon bby

AMI SPEAKS!
yeah yeah ik they both
got issues but they finally
getting solved once and
for all. now y'all can leave
me the hell alone ❤️❤️