House of answers

Patricia's POV :

"Yacker answer me" I looked down at my boyfriend still on one knee. Wow, okay. I was not expecting this. That speech. Well, he does give some pretty amazing speeches. Wow, ok, wow. I mean, am I ready for this? Marriage? I'm 20 for crying out loud. I hate admitting my feelings. But of course I want to marry him. He's my best friend. He's my first everything. Crush. Love. Kiss. And soon-to-be husband.
"Wait let me re-phrase that whole speech." He said as I realised I hadn't gave him an answer.
"I'm just a tin-can standing in front of a tank asking her to marry me." He said causing me to laugh as a tear escaped my eye.
"Of course I will doofus" I finally said as he slipped the ring on my finger and stood up. He spun me around and kissed me softly before pulling apart and whispering 'God I love you' as our foreheads pressed against each other. Again, a chuckle escaped my lips, the lips in which a beaming smile would not leave. We were pulled out of our trance by an explosion of applause and I remembered we weren't alone. Joy came and hugged me after wiping her tears, Amber complimented my ring and started blabbing on about making the bridesmaid dresses and Nina fangirled over how we were technically going to be sisters with her and Eddie's bond. Fabian smiled congratulating me and informed me that this was months worth of planning and he even asked Piper's permission. Apparently it was because he wouldn't of proposed without Piper's consent because of the closeness between us that I don't have with my parents. That just made me cry more. Happy tears, I assure you. I think today can slide, I'm getting married for crying out loud. I look across the room to see my boyfriend, sorry fiancé - wow that sounds amazing - taking a seat back from the crowd. I exited the group who had started mindlessly chatting, in order to sit next to him.
"Hey" I smiled facing him.
"Hi" a smile grew when he saw me making butterflies erupt and flutter around my stomach.
"You asked Pipes?" I asked still in shock at the extent he went to propose to me.
"Yeah, how could I not?" He asked. "I'm just glad Stutter-Rutter didn't let it slip" he sighed in relief.
"I heard that" Fabian shouted across to us causing everybody to laugh.
"Speaking of, how could you not tell me?" Nina shouted at him slapping his arm.
"You can't keep your mouth shut. You would've told Amber and she can't keep her mouth shut either." He replied as Nina faked hurt. "Don't worry I still love you." He smiled as they kissed.
"Hello? This is meant to be my happy moment" I called across the room as the two broke apart.
"Oh Eddie what did you do? Now the goth-pixie thinks she rules." Jerry asked.
"A)" I paused "I've always ruled. And B)" I paused again "he proposed. Which means I'm engaged. Which means I'm getting married. Which means I get to be happy okay?" I said satisfied with the speechless Jerome result. I lay down snuggling into my fiancé's shoulder as he said 'that's my girl.' Fiancé. Fiancé, fiancé, fiancé. I can not stop saying that. Considering 4 years ago I thought I never would, this is an improvement. A really big, amazing improvement.
"I'm back lovelies." Trudy called. "Why's everybody so happy?" She asked. "What did I miss?" She turned around.
"Trudy wasn't here?" I scolded facing Eddie.
"Wasn't here for what?" She asked.
"I had to work up that confidence for months, literally ask Fabian. I just did it" he replied.
"It's true" Fabian tried to back him up.
"You weasel." I moaned. He knows how important Trudy is to me. She's more like family than my own parents.
"Can somebody tell me what I've missed?" Trudy asked. In response I held up my left hand revealing the sparkling black sapphire jewel on the end of a band, otherwise known as my engagement ring.
"You did it? Finally. You asked me months ago. I thought you'd forgotten." She said.
"Asked her what?" I asked.
"Permission. Don't know why. Thought that was the parents job." Trudy shrugged.
"I know what she means to you" he whispered to me.
"Anyway Eddison Sweet. I think it's time we had a little chat don't you?" Trudy asked him grabbing him by the ear and pulling him into the kitchen and shutting the door and shutter blocking them out from us.
"Ooohhh Sweetie Junior is getting the talk" Alfie burst out laughing, causing everybody around him to laugh. You can trust Trudy to do that to him. He walked out about 5 minutes later looking scarred for life. And Trudy followed smiling, uttered her congratulations and started putting the food away. We resumed our previous places spotted around the room on the sofa's, at the dining table or standing and each continued our previous conversations.
"So" I turned to face Eddie. "How was it?" I bit my cheek to stop me from laughing.
"Horrible, she warned me, in a lot of detail, a lot, of what she would do if I hurt you. Then she said some things about being careful and safe and"
"Yeah I get it, you can stop now" I cut him off not wanting to hear more. "I feel so sorry for you" I told him.
"Did Trixie just say what I think she said?" Mick's head shot up.
"What?" I asked.
"You admitted to feelings. For somebody else. Genuine ones." He looked genuinely shocked.
"I've told him I love him so what's the difference?" I asked confused.
"Because you said you were sorry. Well, felt sorry." Alfie inputted. "It's different Trix."
"Eddie what have you done to my mean over-protective, care-less, little big sister" Fabian asked.
"Jesus, you know a guy since you were 11 and tell him you like him one time" I said taken-aback. "As a friend. Like him as a friend." I made sure I added. "And I'm not that little." I complained.
"Yeah so what was that you said about me being the best brother in the world and giving me a mug that said it?" He questioned.
"I was 13. You caught me crying. Nobody had ever seen me cry before. Get over it" I told him smiling. He knew I was kidding. He too was one of the closest people I had.
"I still can't believe I thought you liked her" Nina said laughing. Ah prom. The first time we almost all nearly died. Back in the good old days.
"I'm confused." Willow said. "If my boyfriend was like that with somebody else, I'd be jealous. Why aren't you?" She asked.
"I knew this all a long time ago." Nina replied.
"Wait what?" I asked. "You told her?" I looked back at Fabian and stood up.
"You didn't tell Eddie?" He asked. Ah.
"Well yeah but I didn't know she knew." Oh no. "You didn't tell her why did you?" I muttered after running to his side.
"No. I couldn't betray you like that. She understood." He told me as I breathed out a sigh of relief.
"Still here you know?" She asked.
"So are we" Amber replied.
"Wait, Eddie?" I asked turning to face him.
"Yeah?"
"Is this why Piper said congratulations to us on video chat a few months ago?" I asked recalling the event and turning round to face him.
"Yeah. You fell for the 'I said my text reply out loud' cover story. Sucker." He muttered the last part.
"I knew something was up" I shouted.
"Yeah so you drowned your thoughts in blueberry pancakes." He replied standing up and stepping forwards. 'Ooohh's were heard from the boys.
"Are you calling me fat?" I questioned, also stepping forwards. 'Ohhhh's were heard from the girls.
"What are you gonna do if I was?" He stepped towards me as the boys 'ooohh'ed again.
"Well, I have a ring on my finger, that is strangely really easy to take of" I said sarcastically while playing with the ring. Both the boys and girls 'ooohh'ed as I took a step closing the final gap between us.
"Watch out Miller" Jerome said over the noise. Eddie looked down at me and I looked up before he closed the gap in-between us. The girls cheered as Mick shouted 'get a room' As we pulled out of the kiss I replied with a 'we have one you're just in it' causing Alfie to shout 'BURN' as loudly as he could.
"Dinner is ready" Trudy told us.
"How have you cooked that quickly?" Mara asked.
"I haven't. We're celebrating. I've ordered us a take-away" she smiled.
"Chinese, your favourite" she said to me. "And pizza, your favourite" she said to Eddie whilst handing us the bags/boxes with the food in.
"Thanks Trudes" I smiled.
"Did you have something?" Joy asked her.
"No, I'm not going to bother you and eat with you, I'll have something later" she smiled. "Have a good time." She went to leave after she put the food in the middle of the table for us to help ourselves to while protests filled the room.
"That's not fair" Joy moaned.
"Yeah come on Trudes, it wouldn't be a celebration without you" I added. Murmurs of agreements sounded until Trudy ended them agreeing to eat with us. She pulled a chair up in-between me and Joy to eat.
"So do you have any plans yet?" Mara asked me.
"I haven't even been engaged for an hour, no I haven't."
"Yeah but every little girl dreams of her wedding" Nina told us.
"Does that mean you have?" I asked looking from her to Fabian to avoid further questioning. The colour drained from her face except for cheeks that blushed a fiery red as people started laughing.
"Go on Trix. Tell them what you told me" Fabian opened that big mouth of his.
"Wait, what does he know?" Eddie asked. Here goes.
"He doesn't know?" Fabian asked.
"No so shut it" I warned.
"I'm a Barbie girl, in a BARBIE woooorrr"
"Ok ok" I cut off his terrible, out-of-key singing.
"Barbie dolls? Really?" Eddie looked.
"Oh just tell them" I looked down as Fabian started speaking.
"She used to dress up as BARBIE and use her doll that sang to play the wedding march as Jerome dressed up as Ken walking her down the aisle. This was all because she wanted a big white wedding with a pink theme." He laughed.
"I thought we agreed nobody would know" Jerome muttered as laughter erupted.
"He saw" I told him sighing.
"You saw?" He asked Fabian.
"I saw. Everything." Fabian replied evilly.
"Everything?" Jerome gulped. "Even" he trailed off.
"Oh yes" Fabian replied. Oh no, I buried my head in my hands as Jerome lost all colour in his cheeks.
"Wait, so that's what this is all about" Nina said laughing.
"You know too?" I asked looking up.
"He tells me things" she said pointing to Fabian.
"I. Will. Kill. You." I promised.
"Wait I'm so confused." Eddie spoke. Oh no.
"Nina do not think about it, he will read your mind. Do not think about it" I instructed.
"Now I'm thinking about it" she complained.
"You kissed him?" Eddie faced me.
"We had a vicar who told me to kiss the bride" Jerome spoke up innocently.
"Wait how did he know that? How did he read her mind?" Willow asked confused.
"Who was the vicar?" He asked ignoring Willow.
"Is there any ham and pineapple pizza left" Amber asked.
"Right in front of you" Willow replied slowly.
"Millington" Eddie started.
"What it's not like I was the Mexican midwife on their honeymoon either" she told everybody resulting in laughter. Eddie stared at me.
"I was a naïve 11 year-old ok? I still trusted people then" I said.
"Sorry Clarke but you lost. I get all that now" he said slinging an arm round me.
"You get nothing" I said removing his arm smiling. He just said he gets kids. Oh god. Don't panic. Don't panic. Don't panic. I mean, you're getting married. It's bound to happen some time. But not all marriages work out. And kids are a big responsibility and I'm 20. I don't even think I'm ready for marriage. Wait, scratch that it's Eddie. Everything. It's perfect with him. We fight. We kiss. And we just fit.
"Oh God" I exclaimed hitting myself, cutting myself from my thoughts.
"What was that for?" Alfie asked.
"Joy, Mara, remember when I said I was good and would punch myself if I ever got like"
"Us over a boy" Mara finished.
"Exactly" I nodded.
"Like what over a boy?" Jerome asked.
"Crazy" Joy smiled. Eddie side-glanced at me smirking as Trudy changed the subject.
"So have you ever thought about bridesmaids, flower girls, ring men, best man or colour theme. Those are usually thought about growing up."
"I don't really know. Black definitely. And I always did kind of want white and traditional" I shrugged. "But I'm not too sure. And bridesmaids I'm not sure either. It's going to be hard to choose. I have so many people here for me." I told her.
"Same. There are so many people we have it's going to be hard to choose. But Sammi as flower girl. She would kill me if she wasn't." He said.
"I agree." I smiled.
"That she should be?" He asked.
"That she'll kill you." I started causing people to laugh. "But yeah she should be." I stated taking another bite out of my pizza.
"You make me feel so old. I can't believe you're all growing up so fast." Trudy complained.
"Don't worry. Alfie will never grow up so you'll have him." Amber said as if it was obvious.
"Yeah and we always need cookies and pancakes." Nina looked up smiling.
"Speaking of, you need to cater for our wedding." I butted in.
"Of course." She smiled. "But what about next year." She changed the subject. "With the house. I retire. You all leave. Victor, I don't know. This house will never be the same." She said sadly.
"About that" Nina looked at Fabian and he nodded. "We were thinking of buying it."
"There's 5 more school houses and this one holds a lot more memories than expected." Fabian explained further.
"And I'm moving from America anyway" she paused as everyone stared excitedly at the news "I've kind of grown fond of the place and I get to be closer to everybody" Nina continued.
"So we thought where best than where we all grew up." Fabian finished. Yeah and the place we almost died so many times. And there's Sarah.
"And it's amazing for sleepovers you invite yourself to" Nina looked over at Amber.
"One time." She sighed. "One time." Again, everybody laughed.
"I can't believe you're going to buy this place" I said.
"Finally. You told people. I was wondering when you were going to." The weasel sighed in relief.
"You knew?" Fabian asked.
"I read her hahumm diary" Eddie told him.
"EDDIE" Nina shouted nearly diving over the table. "I thought I told you to stop that" she said calmly once Fabian had held her back.
"And I told you to stop reading mine but you never did that did you?" He asked rhetorically.
"Eddie has a diary?" Mick asked. "Classic."
"Stop panicking" Nina told him.
"Nina come on I don't think Junior is panicking over having a diary."
"I know he isn't. But he's panicking about something else." She muttered before turning back to her plate to eat her noodles.
"Panicking about what?" I asked and had no reply. "Panicking. About. What?" I slowly asked again.
"I've said too much" Nina picked her plate up to put it away considering she had finished.
"So?" I asked facing my fiancé. "Panicking about what?" He sighed and grabbed my hand pulling me out of the room and upstairs to my bedroom.
"If she kept quiet we wouldn't be here now." He mumbled.
"I thought we said no lying. So come on. Panicking about what?" I asked another time. He sighed and sat on Nina's bed, it being closer to the door, running a hand through his hair.
"In America, a few years ago, did you cheat. Was Amber telling me the truth?" I asked sitting down on my bed.
"God no Yacker I love you." He said standing up and walking over to me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.
"Then what?" I looked up as he grabbed my hands.
"I'm scared." He whispered. And my heart melted.

________________________________________________________

Hi guys! I'm back!
So this chapter was just under 3000 words and I thought I'd kick it off with a boom and some fluff.
I hope you like it - tell me what you think - I love to hear your feedback.
Thank you for sticking with me and I hope you enjoy this book!

~sibunator4life<3