Six [Dear Photo Booth]

Gabe had told me a lot about his band--Sinking Ships--already, how it was formed and the songs they made. Turns out, the band is pretty popular in Stanchester--where they were having a gig every friday nights.

Lana, Gabe and Finn are busy playing table hockey--Lana beat the two guys all by herself, the guys then proposed a rematch--while Alec and I are sitting awkwardly beside the claw machine.

I was actually playing the claw machine earlier but i swear it was just a waste of time and money. You'll never get the stuffed penguin inside it, swear.

Alec and i has exchanged a few 'How are you?'s Earlier but then it just became awkward so we both are now sitting in complete silence. Just smiling at each other each time our eyes meet, and don't get me started asking on how many times our eyes have met. I lost count, probably more than a hundred.

Nah, now i'm just exaggerating.

"So, Harper do you wa--" Alec was cut off by Lana's screaming. "I told you mates! A rematch wouldn't change a thing." She states proudly.

"C'mon guys lets ride the bumper cars!" Lana reached for both Alec and I's wrists as she pulls us up.

"I hate bumper cars." Alec and I says at the same time.

"Okay, well, let's all go to the photobooth then." Finn smiles, pointing to the booth in the corner.

The rest of us mumbled our agreements and followed Finn, enthusiastically smiling as he neared the booth. This guy has some serious issues.

Once we reached the booth, he swiftly opened the door and before i knew it, they were already shoving Alec and I inside the small space.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" I exclaim once i figured thay they're not opening the door any minute now.

"What's the matter with those idiots?" I furrow my brows, frowning while looking at Alec.

He has this weirded look on his face when he turned to me and shrugged. He sat down at the little red-covered seat on the side of the booth. I breathed out, the thought of how little the booth is is sinking in my head. I looked around just seeing the little camera on top of the screen and the film-themed paintings on the walls. I sighed again, plopping next to Alec on the seat.

"I knew Finn was up to no good." He shakes his head disapprovingly and stared into the camera, making his face flash into the screen infront of us. I smiled inwardly as he started making various different faces in the camera. He chuckles lowly and looks at me from the screen. He cocks an eyebrow as if saying well, what are you waiting for?

I grin and started to make faces too, not caring about how horrible i might look. It was just Alec, anyway.

Alec slips his hands inside his jean pocket, trying to search for something i guess. He pulls out a cent and inserts it in the coin-collector box below the screen. He looks at me and motioned me to pick the filter. I ended up picking the black and white, i've always liked monochromatic photos.

I don't actually remember the last time i've taken pictures in photo booths, i feel like taking pictures in photo booths are fake and scripted. I always believed that photos should capture actual happenings and actual smiles--smiles that actually have a real reason behind them and not just because we're standing in front of the camera lens.

Somehow, i didn't feel like that at all here at the photo booth with Alec, its like there really is some real reason behind why we would be smiling in front of the camera, some reason that i cannot quite put a finger on.

Alec leans forward and clicks the little red button which eventually started the timer.

I smiled at the camera along with Alec, And i know that that at the short moment of the camera flashing, i know that the moment will forever be frozen, and i know that i'll look at it someday and i would finally know the reason behind our smiles.

————————

I know, i know, its super short but i just felt like ending it there. Watch out for the double update though ❤

@Clytiegraille this update is for you hun x