One [Dear Nameless]

New year parties at university dorms aren't as peaceful as i thought it would be.

It was actually the opposite of what i have expected. Somehow, it looks like a frat party on friday nights. How are they even able to sneak in alcoholic drinks? I stare at the disposable cups littered on the floor just beside my foot.

"Harper!" Hearing a familiar voice calling out, my head snapped up to see the tangerine hair of my bestfriend; Lilly. Her rare but naturally tangerine hair made her depictable from the swarm of people at our apartment building.

"Yeah?" I ask, taking one last glance at the red cups, scrunching my up nose in disgust.

She laughs at my reaction.

"Why did the Dorm Manager let them bring alcohol inside?" I query, furrowing my brows.

"I don't know." She shrugs, waving her hand dismissively.

"Anyway, i want us to start a new year tradition." She grins, shaking a cork bottle in front of me.

"What's that for?"

"I want to make a New Year's-" but i cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"Resolution?" I bluntly answer. "No. Just let me talk Harper." She fakes a mad face and i zip my mouth shut.

"A New Year's wishlist." She grinns.

Wishlist? I have tons on my list, so i guess i need more New Years?

Let's see, my wishes are: To go to a The Gone-Under gig or concert, to be able to talk to Howarrd Croue-leadsinger of The Gone-Under, meet a novelist or a writer, be an inspiration to someone, and... Umm... Be with him again?

I guess i do want to be with him again. I miss him a lot. I can't help but think about him at random moments. What he might be doing right now, does he think of me as much as I think of him, had he already moved on?

"Earth to Harper?" Lilly says as she shakes her hand in front of my face.

"Uh, yeah?" I reply, zoning out was always me.

"You have to write your wishlist in a small paper and let's put it in this bottle. Then, by the next new year let's check if our wishes did come true." She squeals. "Now go! Go get us some papers!" She literally shoves me away.

Rolling my eyes, I walk to my room. Yes, Lilly and I are roommates.

I found a post-it notepad and got two sheets and I reach out for the pen.

Lilly is standing impatiently at the porch.

"Here." I say, whilst handing her a pink post-it. She gets out a pen from her jean pocket and starts writing her wish.

I also start writing mine.

Wishes:
-Go to a The Gone-Under concert
-Have a conversation with Howarrd Croue
-Meeet a novelist/writer
-be somebody's inspiration
-A chance to be with him again.

"Done!" I proudly state as i rolled my note and place it inside the empty wine bottle that Lilly was holding.

"Me too!" She says and rolls her note and puts it inside the bottle. Sealing the bottle with a cork.

"Promise me one thing, Lilly."

She groaned. "What?"

"Don't read my wishlist, okay? I won't read yours too,"

"Whatever you say." She shrugs, rolling her eyes.

"C'mon, they're gonna start the countdown any minute now." I grab her right wrist and led her out the front porch, where the people have crowded at.