Unknowingly my feet carried themselves to him. Grabbing his arm, before he entered his home. He coldly gazed at me. I withdraw my hand. Bowing apologetically. “I understand you might hate me. Though the reason for your abhorrence towards me is unknown. No matter what is going on between us. You should have informed my parents regarding your marriage if not me.”

From his expression I couldn’t make out if he was triggered or confused. “Y/N you’re such a funny girl.” Ruffling my hair he lightly chortled getting inside his house locking the door. Not inviting me in like he usually does. Wait- He didn’t answer me, is he married or not? Hold on he laughed, After a whole year he did because of my stupid outlash.

The real question here is whether Namjoon is a married man or not? Did I lose him to a girl I don’t even know anything about? “Kim Namjoon, please answer my question.” Banging on his door abruptly I yell out for him. “Y/N is that you?” Oh! Shit. My mother’s voice led me to duck my head, sneaking out of his house.

Jogging to the opposite colony. Panting heavily. For the next 30 minutes I stood leaning on the electric pole. In order to not raise suspicions that I had already arrived, and caused ruckus at his residence.

Kim Namjoon I’ll solve and seek answers to all my inquiries. I’ve loved you for a decade and you are avoiding me? Did he even treasure our friendship? If he did, what have I done? That has emanated in this sudden change of his demeanour. Should I join his gang? To spy on him and take notes of his likes and dislikes?

Fuck I can’t kill anyone. Why am I such a coward? It's decided I’ll propose to him to admit me in his gang. It's a long way to go in order to work beside him. Nevermind, persevering would end us up together. If there's a mistress or a second lady in the frame I’ll eliminate her. Yes, I’ll do this. Not everything can be achieved using kindness.

-THIRD YEAR OF UNIVERSITY-

A year ago I had proffered him to affix me in his business. He scoffed at me, shooting daggers into my soul and walked away deriding me with hurtful words. “Mafia is for ruthless and bad people. Not weaklings like you.” To prove myself I joined the local karate club in the uni. The outcome wasn’t that great. Nonetheless I could self defend myself. If met with a drunk pervert or a cheap burglar.

“Y/N are you excited for today’s football match?” She gushed. Of course her boyfriend is playing. Her excitement has always been on another level. “And here’s my tee for my favourite lady.” Speaking of Jimin here he is. Giving her his captain t-shirt like everytime to wear it and cheer for him. “Chim you gotta beat them up and knock them out if they play unfairly.”

He laughed, pecking her lips. This is an extreme level of PDA people. I’m single, please show some consideration. “Babe you know it’s against the rules. Nevertheless, if they hurt me. I’ll follow your advice.” Jimin's been repeating the same line for the past years. “Who cares?” She shrugged her shoulders. Jumping in his arms for a final hug.

I wanna do this with Joon. Mentally whining I was praying for some miracle to occur and he pops up here and confesses to me to be his girl. “All the best. Win this match.” He winked at her. I can’t with this shameless couple. They've swore to mock single souls with their mawkish acts.

Whistle was blown, alerting both the teams to come on the ground. We were sitting in the middle row. The girl beside me wasn’t pleased though. She always had this obsession to sit in the front and cheer for her boyfriend. It’s their fault they were busy flirting with each other. Resulting in us losing our usual seats.

Regardless of her mistake. She threatened the girl sitting in her place to move. Jimin had to free the latter from her clutches. Later on apologizing for his girlfriend's anguishment. Nothing new for me to witness. “Omg Namjoon Oppa.” Which whore is that squealing my man’s name? My orbs bulged sharply gawking at her. She was ogling in the ground. “Joon is here?” He stood on the ground in a player outfit. When did he get interested in playing football?

The point is how is he even playing? He ain’t a student. Then? How is it possible? Did he get bored killing people? Before I could sort my thoughts and finish the puzzle. The match commenced. He was playing for the opposite team. “Jimin go, you can do it.” Sorry bestie, I will be howling for my man today. Snatching the flag from her hand, despite it being our college’s symbol I scream on the top of my lungs.

“Kim Namjoon, you’re doing great. Come on Joonie, score a goal.” The entire arena was probably cursing at me right now. At the sudden team change I had done. Kim Namjoon is here, how can I not expose my love? And show off to the world I’m his biggest fangirl. “Cheater!” She scowled at me.

“Park Jimin, you're the man of the match. Goal! Yessss.” What the fuck no way. Jimin pulled his tongue out and bit his lip at her. The match continued. What Joon did during the second lapse left me shocked. He shoved him. I saw it was intentional from his side.

“Jimin,” not bothered that the match was going on, she leaped into the stadium. There was a vicious leer on his face. A victorious one. When did you turn so cruel Joon? Are these your true mafia traits?

“Jimin’s bleeding, call the medics.” Placing his head in her lap she was crying. I regretted cheering for him. The match was paused. A captain’s injury affects the entire team. It was the same scenario here. I approached them. Her eyes clearly depicted that she disliked my presence. “Is this who your Joon is? He hurt my Jimin and it wasn’t a fucking mistake. He did it purposely. I don’t fucking care throw Kim Namjoon out of the match. Give him a red card.”

Jimin was taken to the infirmary. Nurse informed us he could no longer play in the match. Maybe another few matches as well. “Sir it was a mistake.” He was justifying himself with a fake repenting tone. Why are you lying Joon? A ten minute debate was held. To decide his punishment.

“Kim Namjoon is clear. We’ve checked the CCTV camera footage. The push and pull was caused due to the heat of the match.” Another false declaration. I had lost my interest to continue watching this match. Leaving the stadium. Without sparing him a glance.

The next day when I returned students were gossiping on how Namjoon’s team had won the match. Some were passing me judging looks for having supported our rivals. Jimin and his girlfriend did come to my support. Albeit of them siding with me. It was the last time they ever came near me.

Our bond was damaged. We weren’t friends anymore. That cheesy couple didn’t trouble me during breaks. Nor urged me to join football matches. A mere mistake of cheering diminished years of conviction and solitude we had built in these past years. All it took was one unlucky match and my love for a two faced man.