Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Haniya?" It was after some days of her joining the boutique when Haniya came there. Probably she didn't know Azferene worked there or she must not have even visited.

"Bhabi?" She was shocked. "You work here?" Haniya asked with wide eyes.

"Umm...yeah." Azferene shrugged her shoulders.

It was the biggest and most famous boutique of the city. And Azferene working there was a big shock for her.

"I didn't know you worked here."

"I just joined a week ago."

"Ohh…"

"So what would you like to see?" Azferene asked with a formal smile but it vanished when Zaid joined Haniya. As soon as his eyes landed on her burqa clad form, his eyes widened in realisation and his face hardened.

"Come on. Let us get out of here." He grumbled to Haniya. Azferene looked away from the couple, embarrassed.

"But you told me, at my sister's wedding you will buy me a dress from here. This is not fair." She whined like a child making Zaid melt.

"Okay! But we will get another designer." Saying they made their way to the manager ignoring her and asked for the best designer in their boutique.

"Azferene Wajahat!" Manager called out to her.

"Yes Mam?"

"They want to see the latest wedding collection. Guide them through. You know what to do." Nodding her head she gestured to them to follow her but they stayed rooted.

"Isn't there any other designer?" Zaid asked in a cold voice.

"I am sorry Sir. But due to the wedding season at its peak no one is available. It is your luck that Azferene just got free from her other client, otherwise we don't  entertain anyone without an appointment." She smiled apologetically and before Zaid could argue anymore, Haniya dragged him behind Azferene.

For the next hour they got busy looking at dresses. Azferene was glad that someone from her family visited and was happily assisting them.

"Zaid this one or this one?" Haniya bounced two dresses in her either hands in front of him.

"I think you should try both of them and then we can decide." He looked confused at the two masterpieces which looked almost alike.

"Okay." Saying she disappeared in the cubicle leaving them alone.

Azferene busied herself in arranging the dispersed clothes, ignoring Zaid. She took the pile of clothes and looked up to arrange them on a slight higher rack. As soon as she looked up, darkness flashed in front of her eyes and her upper body swayed in slow circles unknown to her. The world started circling around her when she barely caught Zaid's worried face coming towards her as she whispered her last words,

"Don't touch!"

"HANIYAAAA! HANIYAAA!" He shouted madly for his wife and looked at his sister-in-law worriedly. No matter how much he wanted to help but he couldn't, she told him not to touch even in this condition.

Not knowing what to do he shouted for help and dialled his brother's number.

"BHAAAIII...BHAAAIII…" He shouted as soon as he picked up.

"What happened Zaid? Why are you shouting?" Haroon asked annoyed.

"Bhai...Bhabiiii…" He whispered looking at her niqab claded face which the Manager was now removing and sprinkling water on her face.