Tootsie Rolling a Car

Start from the beginning

When I stood in line at the security checkpoint, Anya's annoying voice pierced through my poor eardrums.

"Amara, give your cardigan and glasses to the blonde haired security guard at your right. The grenades in your pants don't contain any metal that is detectable by their sensors. Oh and by the way I hope they explode."

I suppressed my urge to express my mutual feelings for her. If only I wasn't surrounded by so many people...

Her annoying or should I say Anya-ing voice squeaked again. "That would be very appropriate considering how much you love to lie."

She thinks she can say whatever she wants now that I can't say anything. And ugh, I think she's going to make full use of that.

"And remember that one time, Amara, when you put cockroaches in Madam Ichka's underwear drawer?"

Oh no...

"Yeah, Madam gave me full permission to do the same to you. So I think you'd prefer your pants to be on fire."

Thank goodness I switched rooms with one other assassin girl seeing that she had more light in that room. She liked dark rooms so she agreed. But now I don't think she'd be the only one enjoying the darkness in her room.

I finally finished the security screening stuff and the blonde security guard handed my belongings to me discreetly.

Anya's voice screeched through my earpiece again.

"I booked a cab for you earlier so yeah it's waiting at the terminal."

I raised the fake iPhone that was actually designed by Golden Eagle Enterprises to my ear to fake talking on the phone.

"Anya, why would you book me a cab when we have golden eagle vehicles to transport us?" I sighed frustrated.

"It helps with your cover. Sometimes life isn't going to be so luxurious, Amara. Gotta get used to it!"

I understood the meaning behind her words when I saw a beautiful vomit-colored sedan parked in front of me. The dull green paint was replaced with rust in patches at the rear end. Indication of poor driving skills was shown everywhere on the scratched and dented car. Every so often the engine made a disagreeable sound. I highly doubt this car would last a kilometer. Not too mention the bird poop on the windshield added the final finishing touch.

"Enjoy the ride and the cockroaches!"

"You little-"

"Oh would you look at the time? I got to check if Oleg and Pavel arrived at their destinations!"

She ended the call oh so cheerfully. To think I was so happy when we decided to leave Anya behind at Okhan Mansion to be our techie. But she still managed to irritate me from 6,217 kilometers away. Once Oleg and Pavel arrive here, I must discuss with them the utmost importance of completing this mission as soon as possible. They were arriving at different times to reduce any suspicion of us working together.

I looked to see that my suitcase was already being loaded into the cab. The driver was facing away from me as he quietly loaded my luggage. Then he quickly sat in the driver seat not giving me a glance.

Weird. No hi or good morning? Well, what can we say? Not everyone is an extroverted party animal.

I slid into the back passenger seat and the driver started to drive before I even closed the door. Wow, well someone's in a rush.

I waited for a couple minutes in utter silence. I tried to look at the driver's face but the rear-view mirror revealed nothing. Weird. I slipped my hand in my cardigan reaching for a sharp knife.