The Comeback Prank

Start from the beginning

"Brilliant!" Sirius and James exclaimed at the same time. Soon thereafter shushed by the librarian.

Then James whispered. 

"But what face should we use?"

"Snivellus?" Sirius asked

"Or us." Rose suggested.

"Us?" Remus asked.

"Yeah, everyone knows it's always us anyway, you lot have made that very clear a few times already, why not put our faces on it? Would be a lot prettier than hundreds of Severus too."

Sirius smiled at her. A big proud smile.

"Moony, Thorns, you two are just brilliant." He said with a shimmer in his smokey grey eyes.

"Are you sure you want to put your face on it, Rose? You've evaded getting detention with us thus far." James said with a sliver of concern.

"I'd say it's about time I joined in then." Rose said with a smirk.

Easter holiday had come quickly, there's just something about coming back after Christmas break that makes time fly by. Rose had not taken part in many pranks with the boys in perpetration for their exams and for the prank her, James, and Peter were going to make happen.

They said their goodbyes to Remus and Sirius, the latter oh which was rather annoyed he didn't get to help out any further. They watched the boys leave for the train and then made their way back to Hogwarts, stopping by Honeydukes(a sweet shop) on the way back, Rose bought a chocolate frog and just some regular bars of chocolate but none of it was for her. The frog was to sneak into Regulus' dorm and leave on his beside table for when he returned(hopefully it would still be good) and the regular chocolate was to be sent to Remus as a "sorry you didn't get to stay" gift. The transfer would be rather different, first sending it home to Lily then having her package it and send it to Remus via muggle post. Rose hoped it would be worth it and the sweets would get to her friend alright. He enjoyed them and she wanted to do something nice for him.

"Can I ask you something, Thorns?"

James asked days into their stay at Hogwarts, when he, Peter, and Rose were lazed about in the boys dorms. His head hanging off the bed and his legs in the air.

"Of course, Potter. Go ahead."

Rose had heard the two boys whispering about something they had been planning, they had said they simply couldn't tell Rose no matter how bad they wanted to. Maybe this was it.

"Do you fancy Moony, Thorns?"

This was definitely not it.

Peter's attention shot up from the letter he was writing to none other than Remus himself at James' question.

"No! Why'd you think that?!" Rose said standing up on the bed she was laying on. Probably Sirius' since no one corrected her for doing so and she could tell which was Remus'.

She knew because of the small potted plant that was sitting on the beside table next to it. A letter in Remus' hand written with specific instructions on how to keep it alive in case Peter and James had to do so alone was pinned to the pot.

She had gotten it for him when he seemed particularly down. It was a small violet, but it was flourishing with his care.

"Well, I know why you think that." Rose followed up her first statement and sat back down. 

"But no. I don't fancy anyone." She paused again before speaking once more.

"Sorry, Peter."

He sighed and took a nibble of some sweets he had opened next to him.

Then, the day finally came.

The three of them were posted throughout the castle entrance, wands ready and just as students started pouring in— they waited. Waited for the exact moment Sirius and Remus  walked through those doors.

Then they did, arm in arm, smiles on their faces. Sirius beamed and seemed to pull the other boy forward.

"Now!" James said and without another word the deed was done.

Some portraits complained and some even screamed as their faces changed. Laughter form the marauders and Rose echoed loudly through the room but was not loud enough to drown out professor McGonagall.

Minerva McGonagall(who Sirius fondly called "Minnie") screeched  "20 points from Gryffindor!" before swiftly adding...

"And Slytherin!"

And Rose could almost hear her roommates collective annoyed sigh from where she stood.

When all five of the troublemakers met back up with one another Sirius had one thing to say as he wrapped his arms around Remus and Rose's shoulders with the other two boys close by.

"As I keep saying mates, bloody brilliant!"

Those portraits looked like the five of them for weeks.