2002

2002 sure was a big year with a lots of ups and downs friends aired their 8th season, the very first Spiderman movie, the second Lord of the Rings and Star Wars episode II was released a great year for the Hollywood film industry. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake broke up, Sarah Michelle Gellar got married. But for Steve it wasn't for these reasons this year was iconic, this is the year he met her

 Natasha Romanoff that was her name. Those green eyes and smile was more than enough for a man to fall in love with her. That's exactly what Steve and rest of the boys in their batch did.

He remembers the moment he fell in love with her or in other words the moment he saw her for the very first time like it was yesterday. The year was 2002, first day of his senior year of high school. Steve was neither a jock nor a nerd, so no one really gave a damn about him. Sometimes he used it to his advantage, like getting out of bullying. The day he met her was obviously one of those days. 

 The moment he laid his eyes on her he knew he was a goner. He knew had to make her his (respectfully obviously, his mama didn't a boy who saw women has objects). 

He wrote millions of letters but never had the courage to give them to her. His biggest hype men were his buddies- James 'Bucky' Barnes and Sam Wilson. The former was a realist and the latter was an optimist. So obviously they butted heads. 

 His buddies were there for him no matter what. The very first time he tried to approach Natasha was on a Sunday after-noon.

"Where the hell were you? You missed her." A pissed Bucky told him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I had to make myself look presentable. But I got a plan let's meet her at the bridge we'll be able catch up to her before those perverts do." Steve said.

"Then what are you waiting for? Let's go." Overenthusiastic Sam said. 

 The trio ran up to the bridge to meet up with her. Much to their dismay they saw some new guy, trying to get Steve's "girl's" attention. They decided to get a closer look at the boy's game.

"Tony, Tony stark that's the name. A dad who thinks business is the most important thing in life. A mum who is only interest in drinking and dancing. Only friend were the kids from the private school. Had a big mansion, but the prince was always alone. The prince needs a companion, a partner. Will you be the one that breaks the prince's curse of solitude?" 

"Who is the prince, mate?" Thor, one of the 2 kids that Natasha always hangs around asked amused.

"It's me. Just shut up, point break." 

What Tony didn't see but the rest of the people in the scene did was him, Alexei 'Red Guardian' Shostakov. He was a nightmare for every guy that liked Natasha. The moment the trio saw Red Guardian approaching they ran for their lives unfortunately for the newcomer Tony who didn't know who or what the Red Guardian did couldn't flee the scene fast enough, more like he didn't even try to flee. But when realised who the Red Guardian was, he was too late. He was beaten to pulp. 

 A little bit of context on the fearsome Red Guardian. Alexei 'Red Guardian' Shostakov was Natasha's father. He was obviously an overprotective father. But he takes it to another level by beating the boys who pester his daughter. 

The second attempt was again on a Sunday afternoon six weeks later. The boys decided to give a letter through Ally. 

 A little bit of context on Ally. She was one of the 2 kids who hung out with Natasha other than Thor. How she and Natasha became friends is still a mystery since she was almost 7 years younger than Natasha and Thor but Thor met Natasha in their chemistry class on the first day of junior year and ever since then they have been best friends.