A Little Experiment

Y/n walked through the door with Avieer, "Hey, can I get a bucket of alcohol?" she asked walking up to the counter.

The bartender looked concerned, asking "...why a bucket?" he asked hesitantly wondering if he really wanted to know what unholy things Y/n may be planning. 

"I wanna get my slime drunk!" she answered, gesturing vaguely to the slime in her arms. Charles looked even more concerned with the answer, though it wasn't the worst idea he's heard.

Contemplating whether it was really a good idea or not he slowly said, "How much would you pay?" he asked, putting money first, figuring a single drunk slime wouldn't cause too much harm.

Y/n thought for a moment. 'Say a reasonable amount please'. Avi chimed in from within her head. Not taking the advice she said, "50,000!" in a determined manner. '...This is a poor investment' he commented slightly annoyed with the bad usage of money.

Charles thought for a moment wondering if the possible risk and alcohol were worth the 50,000. "How about 60,000?" he suggested.

Not thinking about a large amount of money she nodded, "Deal!" She quickly said happily. digging in her bag for the money. Once she plopped the bag onto the table she looked back to the bartender expectantly.

After peeking into the bag of money to confirm that he wasn't being ripped off, he nodded, "It may take a while, why don't you find a seat, I'll call you when it's ready." he suggested. Y/n took it and went to the second floor choosing a table next to a window. Mainly so she could hopefully chuck Avi out of it if something went extra wrong.

After a few minutes, she got bored and decided to pester Charles again while waiting. Avi had sat at the table, just relaxing while waiting, so it wasn't like she had anything better to do. "Is it done yet?" she asked. The bartender simply shook his head. she sat down next to the counter to watch him with a bored expression. two minutes later she asked again, "What about now?" she said impatiently as if the few minutes she waited had magically filled the bucket as she'd requested.

after the fourth time Charles finally said, "Miss Y/n, I really think you should go wait at your table," with an irritable voice.

Y/n wanted to groan and complain but she knew her boredom wasn't his problem. Though before she got up she heard the creak of the door behind her. Curiously looking back she saw a crimson-haired man enter. Diluc! she thought happily. The man looked to see what his employee was doing, "Why are you filling a bucket with liquor?" he asked a bit confused, he trusted Charles, but it was still a strange situation.

"I'm doing an experiment!" Y/n answered for Charles, "I wanna see if Avi gets drunk if I put make him absorb some alcohol!" she elaborated on her plan a bit.

Diluc's confusion only grew with the explanation, "But, why?" he asked finding that question useless.

Y/n gave a happy smile as she answered, "Because I'm bored, duh." as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Charles quickly cut in before Y/n could annoy his boss more, "Miss Y/n, I thought you were going to your table again?" he prompted the (H/c) haired woman.

 Y/n looked back to the man who was still busy with the bucket, groaning slightly, "But it's so boring! Avi's just sitting there," she grumbled a bit, "Plus, wouldn't it be easier if I just waited here," she added cheerfully.

Diluc shook his head, "I'm only stopping by to grab something," he said, insinuating that Y/n should not use him as an excuse to annoy Charles.

Y/n was about to argue back, but Charles cut her off before she could. "I think I've gotten the bucket full enough, do you want help bringing it to your table, or do you think you can handle it?" he asked quickly.