ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys, so just a warning for this chapter, there's some implied content ahead 😳

Other than that, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ 'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ." 

ʜᴀʟꜱᴇʏ

"The Archangel," I whisper when I realise that there's a magical presence slowly fading away from the large group. "Ludociel."

With Ban's large arms still wrapped around me, I turn around slightly to see Mael protectively holding his older brother in his arms, his face full of pain.

"It's become so quiet," the eldest Archangel murmurs. "Tell me what's happened. I'm afraid that I can no longer see."

"It's all over, brother," the younger brother answers. "The Demon King has been defeated. The threat is finally over. It's all thanks to the Seven Deadly Sins. They were able to accomplish what no one else could ever dream of doing before."

Ludociel sighs in relief at this. "Oh, is that so? Just because they defeated the Demon King doesn't mean the Holy War is over."

"Easy now, brother," Mael says quietly as Ban and I make our way towards the group.

"This is but one small step along the way," Ludociel states weakly. "The first step that will bring the Goddess' and the Demons together after despising each other for so long."

Standing by my older brother's side, my eyes widen slightly in shock when I hear these words leave the lips of the leader of the Four Archangels.

"I can only imagine," Hendrickson murmurs.

"That's very true," Elizabeth agrees as she steps closer to the Archangel. "But honestly, I never thought I would hear you say something like that."

"You're telling me," I mutter under my breath and then smile nervously when I see my mother shoot me a death glare.

"Please forget what you've heard," Ludociel says. "I've simply grown weary of this endless and futile conflict."

"Ludociel, you sacrificed your life to protect everyone," Elizabeth says quietly. "Thank you. We won't forget."

Ban's arms tighten around me when we see the Archangel finally disappear with bits of his white grace drifting off into the orange skies.

"Brother," Mael says faintly.

"May you finally find peace," Elizabeth whispers as we all helplessly watch.

"The Captain, Ban and (Y/n) are finally back in the present world," the Lion Sin of Pride says once a couple of minutes have passed by. "There's nothing else we could ask for. What's with the long faces? What am I missing here?"

"Listen, we're happy that the Captain, Ban and (Y/n) have returned, however, the biggest problem hasn't been resolved," the Grizzly Sin of Sloth points out.

"Yes, they're right about that," the Boar Sin of Gluttony agrees with her comrade. "The time limit on Elizabeth's curse is up in one day and unfortunately, we've lost the only way to stop it. The Captain tried absorbing the Commandments to stop the curse once and for all but in the end, he had to defeat the Demon King. And (Y/n) still hasn't obtained all of her powers yet as the new Demon Queen."

"With things the way they are, Elizabeth will die," the Serpent Sin of Envy chokes as her lover tries to comfort her.

"It's alright," Elizabeth says. "The two of us have already made a decision about that. What matters most is that we've got the old Meliodas back, just as he was before. If he'd ended up challenging (Y/n), who knows what would've happened. And if I die, I'll simply be reincarnated."