The Bed's Too Big Without You

Start from the beginning

I did not say yes right away, but it wasn't no.

Well, then, what? Explain yourself. She proposed, and you said "Milk. We need more milk." You actually said that. Caleb said in between chuckles.

It was the best thing I could come up with at the moment.

See, I get to say, "Whoops. Order in the court. Got to go." Isabelle teased.

Always works. Hayden shrugs.

You didn't just want to yell "Yes"? Isabelle asked.

I was stupid, and I know that now. Uh... I screwed up. I am screwed, am I?

You could tell her yes next week. You could text her yes. You could tell her yes in a voice mail. Caleb said still chuckling.

You're incredibly romantic, you know that? Hayden said rolling her eyes. I am not impulsive. I am reasonable and rational, and that does not mean that I love her any less than she loves me. She added.

She knows that you love her, that is not the question here. So, do you want to marry her? Caleb asked in a serious tone.

Yes, I wanted to marry her.

Now go, get your girl back. Isabelle said shaking her head.

I need those milk. Hayden said taking the milk before leaving while Isabelle and Caleb are still laughing at her.

--

Okay. First off, I've had some time to think, and I realize now, in hindsight, that, um.. the only correct answer to the questions you asked me last night was yes. Hayden said when she suddenly showed up at Everly's office.

Oh, the answer you didn't give. Everly replied nonchalantly.

Ye.. yes, but... You know, if you knew me at all, you might have said... "Um, I'd like you to consider moving in together and eventually get married."

Okay. Everly chuckles.

Yeah, you might have said, "Let's weigh the pros and cons together."

Pros and cons, really? Everly furrowed.

Mm-hmm.

I've never heard that in a rom-com, I don't think. Everly teased.

Yeah, well, no you haven't because real life isn't all hookers on shopping sprees and.. and fake orgasms in coffee shops. Everly giggles in between Hayden's dialogue. In real life, it is romantic to let a person be herself, and I am being rational, I like to weigh and measure. No, I need to weigh and measure.

Okay, you're making me nervous, like how when a flight attendant sounds nervous and you know you should be nervous. Are you saying no? Is that what you mean? Everly said looking intently at Hayden.

What? No. What I am trying to say is-

Okay, well, then, you know what I'll do is I'll set up a scale for you.

Eve...

No, it'll be hot, love. Come on, I'll get some coffee, I'll steal some of these pens and pads, and we can just pro and con until we just can't pro and con anymore. Everly said hugging Hayden.

Okay, now you're mocking me.

No. I am... I'm probably a little bit mocking. Just the slightest loving mock. Everly said smiling.

I love you. And I want to move in with you and marry you. So the only question now is... Can you love me for who I am?

I will happily pro and con with you, Hayden Monica Henderson. I will weigh, and I will measure. I love you, Monica. Everly replied lovingly. So, where's the milk? She teased.

You're unbelievable. Hayden chuckles kissing Everly.

Yeah, I've been told that. Lovingly and hatefully. Everly said in between kisses.

Can we pro and con how much you love me? Hayden teased.

Wow, really? Everly said while both of them are laughing.

You're not leaving yet? Hayden asked.

No, I have a lot of things to do today. I might get home late. Why? Everly asked.

Nothing, I am free today. So I am going to wait for you till you're done. Hayden shrugs.

But, you'll get bored here in the office.

Nope, I am not. I can sleep here, I can watch. Hayden smile. By the way, did you bring your switch with you? She asked.

Yeah, why? Everly asked.

Well, give it to me. I am going to play while waiting. See, there's a lot of things to do here in your office. Hayden chuckles.

Uhm... Ah, Monica? Everly said scratching her nape.

Why, what's the problem? Hayden asked.

Well, most of the staff is asking if it is fine to have a picture with you and have your autograph? Everly stated shyly.

Hayden chuckles at Everly. Sure, love. I'll do it later.

Everly shook her head while giving her the switch. They shared a long passionate kiss before Everly went to the conference room.