✩08

kinda short chapter

Even though Jungwon didn't want to admit it, he was kinda looking forward to seeing Damin the next day so when she was absent today, the disappointment was evident on his face

He didn't know why she didn't come today and he couldn't even ask her since he didn't have her phone number either. So right when the last bell rang for the day, he hurried to his home before going to her dorm.

Jungwon knocked on her dorm door and waited for a few seconds. To say Damin was surprised seeing Jungwon here was an understatement. She did not expect him to be here out of all places.

"Jungwon? What're you doing here?" asked Damin, her voice sounding nasal due to the flu she caught.

"You didn't come to school today so I got kinda worried," said Jungwon, hand scratching his nape shyly.

"I just caught flu, nothing too serious." she said, gesturing him to come in. He placed the food container he brought for her on the table and fished something from his bag.

Damin ran to her room to fix her appearance, knowing she did not look her best right now since she wasn't able to sleep the whole night and woke up with flu.

"These are today's homework," he said as he handed her a few worksheets when she came back out.

"Oh... you didn't have to." she answered, putting the worksheets away.

"Well, I don't want you to get scolded later so," Jungwon shrugged. He knew that was not the actual reason. He just maybe missed her just a teeny little bit. Of course, he wouldn't tell her since she might feel weirded out or whatever.

Come to think of it, Damin is the only girl he's friends with. He's never had female friends before, since he found them quite annoying most of the time but all that changed when he met Kang Damin.

She wasn't annoying like Miyoung, she wasn't that loud either and they had many similarities between each other. Maybe that was the reason why he feels this way about her.

"Thanks," beamed Damin. She felt touched that someone took the time to visit her dorm to give her something she missed even though he weren't required to.

"Have you eaten lunch yet?" inquired Jungwon.

"Nope, I just woke up like an hour ago," she chuckled.

"You shouldn't skip meals, especially if you're sick," he jokingly nagged at her.

"Yes, mom." she rolled her eyes, a little laugh escaping her lips after.

"Since you didn't each lunch yet," he presented her the container he had brought, "I brought you some soup."

A small smile made its way to her lips as she thanked him. She took two spoons from the kitchen and sat down on the table.

"You wanna share?" she asked when he came to sit down with her.

"No, I have more at home,"

Damin didn't want silence to take over them since she knew how awkward it would become, so she spoke up.

"Anything interesting happened at school today?" she asked. Jungwon thought for a few seconds before his face lit up.

"Oh yeah, we had P.E today and we had to partner up for the activity and I wanted to be your partner but you didn't come so before I could even pick, Miyoung asked if she could be my partner," he explained with a small frown on his face.

Damin couldn't hold back her laughter as he continued.

"I had to be her partner since everyone was already paired up," he rolled his eyes.

"She kept trying to get my attention and it was lowkey annoying," Damin burst out laughing because Jungwon looked so annoyed. She'd never seen him look so annoyed before.

"It's not funny," he pouted.

"Sucks to be you." shrugged Damin. (giving me johnny's 'not my problem' vibes 😭)

"You better come tomorrow because I am not being her partner again." he rolled his eyes. He really didn't want to spend one more hour with Miyoung.

"If I get better," she smiled teasingly making Jungwon whine.

"No Damin, you're coming to school tomorrow."

They conversed with each other a little more, occasionally laughing at a lame joke or being sarcastic with each other before Damin realized the time.

"It's already dark, you should get going." she reminded him.

He checked the time before getting up. She walked him downstairs and waved at him goodbye.

"See you tomorrow and get well soon!" he beamed, a smile displaying on his lips.

"Byee!"

oh also i wanna point out that in Korea, if you're not close with that person you call them by their full name (not sure why but they just do) but when u start becoming close, u can call them by their first name

i just wanted to make that clear for u guys bcs u might be wondering why i always make damin call jungwon by his full name