✩07

THANK U GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1K SJDHJSHDJS ILY <333

Kang Damin found herself on her way to the library as the last bell rang for the day

Kang Damin found herself on her way to the library as the last bell rang for the day. The library smell reached her nose as she turned the doorknob, slightly calming her. She walked to the furthest table and put her bag down, a tired sigh escaping her lips.

For the past two weeks, her dorm has been a shambles every time she awoke. Her belongings and furniture are scattered over the room. They would still be messed up no matter how many times she rearranged them.

Not to mention the never-ending headaches that struck at inconvenient moments, resulting in dark eye bags and an unpleasant appearance. As well as the painkillers she'd been taking did not help in the slightest.

"You look like a wreck." said Jungwon, taking a seat in front of her with a book in his hands.

"Thanks for stating the obvious." muttered Damin.

"What happened anyway?" he asked, taking a bite of his toast bread when he knows very well food isn't allowed in the library.

"Every time I clean up my dorm, it always messes itself up!" she said frustratedly, earning a chuckle from Jungwon.

She eyed him with furrowed eyebrows, "What's so funny?"

"You look like one meme I saw on Tiktok last night," said Jungwon, barely controlling his laughter.

Damin looked at him in disbelief. She'd become accustomed to his regular taunting during the previous two weeks, occasionally teasing him back, but she didn't have the energy to do so today. She just pressed her lips into a fine line and laid her head back in her arms.

Damin's eyelids became heavier, and she felt a wave of exhaustion wash over her. Just as she was about to fall asleep however, a loud ringtone made her jolt awake abruptly.

She groaned and sat up. Jungwon picked up the call but regretted it instantly. His lips pressed into a fine line, he said something and muted his mic.

"Can you like pretend to be my sister or something?" He quickly spoke, handing her his phone.

"Wha—" She didn't even get to ask why when he unmuted the mic, putting it on speaker mode.

Silence eloped the other line before she heard a "Hello?"

Damin looked at Jungwon with a ' what-am-I-supposed-to-say? ' look. She cleared her throat before replying, "Um hello..."

"May I know where Jungwon is?" said the caller. Her eyes widened when she recognized the voice. It was none other than Miyoung.

"Uhhh..." She looked at Jungwon who was pointing at a football picture from the book, "He has football practice...?"

"Oh. Our school doesn't have a football team though?" said Miyoung. Jungwon let out a snicker, a hand immediately going over his mouth to cover the laughs he was letting out.

"I see. He must've joined another club outside of school then,"

There was silence for a few seconds until Miyoung said something that made them both stop in their tracks.

"You sound familiar." said Miyoung.

"Oh— I don't think we've met before though ha ha. What did you say your name was again, I'll let my amazing brother know you called him." She looked at Jungwon with gritted teeth for putting her in this situation meanwhile he smiled sheepishly.

"It should be there on my contact name,"

Damin looked at the contact name but all it wrote there was 'unknown caller'. She suppressed a laugh and cleared her throat.

"It seems like he didn't save your number," said Damin, as an amusing smile fell onto Jungwon's lips.

"Then would you be so kind to save it for him? Just put the contact name as—"

Miyoung fell quiet and she wondered why. She looked up to Jungwon who seemed to be looking in a different direction. When she turned her head she was met with a very angry-looking Miyoung.

"Nevermind I just found him here at the library." said Miyoung over the phone. But when she heard the echo of her voice, she put the two and two together.

Damn facepalmed at Jungwon's dumb idea of ​​putting it on speaker mode. Damin ended the call as Miyoung walked up to them.

"Fancy seeing you here, I thought you had football practice." said Miyoung trying not to sound mad but the steam escaping her ears said otherwise. (There was no steam btw im just being dramatic 😘 ).

"It got canceled." he shrugged. Damin turned around in an attempt to hide the smile that was displaying on her lips. She just found this whole situation so amusing, from trying to lie to getting caught.

"What're you laughing about?" snarled Miyoung.

"Nothing." Damin shrugged, ignoring the glare she was getting from Miyoung.

Miyoung turned her attention back to Jungwon, "Anyways, my birthday is coming up soon and I hope you can come," smiled Miyoung, handing him an invitation.

"If I'm free." said Jungwon. He lightly nudged Damin with his foot and signaled her a look. She got the message and grabbed her bag. He intertwined their hands which caught her off guard but she went along till they exited the library.

Jungwon awkwardly scratched his nape, "Sorry for that, I just thought if she saw us close she'd leave me alone."

"It's fine." Damin assured him, "But did you see her face when she saw us?"

A laugh escaped his lips, "Totally hilarious."

"Are you gonna go to her birthday though?"

"Of course not."

"You know, she seems to fancy you a lot though," Damin teased. "Thinking of it, you two would look great—"

"No! I don't even wanna think about it!"

Damin let out a laugh as she continued teasing Jungwon about the big crush Miyoung seemed to have on him as he walked her back to her dorm.

sorry for the short chapter yall