"Can you believe how unfair this is?!" He practically growled.

"What?" I questioned lightly.

"I can't believe they're doing this to Lane!" He yelled.

"Babe calm down." I said while putting my hand on his thigh.

"Carlos how could anyone expect me to be calm. That little boy has been through absolute hell. I mean he witnessed his mothers murder for gods sake," he paused as he took a breath. "And then we take him in and we finally start settling into being a family, and being parents. Then his fucking grandparents have to come ruin his life!" He took a deep breath with tears falling from his eyes.

I really wanted to give him a hug but I was driving so I settled for holding his hand instead. I pulled his hand to my lips and pressed a kiss to the back of it.

"I agree with you." I said quietly, still holding his hand.

"I'm glad you do, I literally can't stand those people." TK said sighing lowly.

I squeezed his hand in mine lightly.

___________________________________

Once we got home TK turned towards me.

"Carlos I feel weird about Lane not being here." He said truthfully.

"I know, me to." I said as I pulled him close to me.

TK hid his face in my neck while I stroked his hair.

"Do you wanna watch a movie to get your mind off everything?" I asked him softly.

He simply nodded but kept his head in my neck.

I smiled and led him to the couch in the living room.

___________________________________

The end credits to Titanic were rolling and TK was asleep on my chest when my phone started ringing.

I reached over to the side table my phone was on, waking TK in the process.

When I check the caller ID I was in much more of a rush to answer though. Literally elbowing TK while trying to sit up straight.

"Hello." I said once I answered the phone.

"Hey Carlos, it's Diana I'm at Texas Childrens Hospital and I'm going to need either you or TK or both of you to come meet me here right now."

"Why are you at the hospital?" I asked panic filling my voice.

TK sat up straighter and stared at me when he heard this.

"Oh I'm here with Lane and Mr. and Mrs. Matthews. There was a accident at the park and Lane is getting x-rayed as we speak. I just really need y'all here since right now you're both his legal guardians."

"Yeah okay we're on our way right now." I said while standing up from the couch and motioning for TK to follow me.

"Great I'll see you in a little then." She said before hanging up.

"Carlos what the hell is going on?!" TK said panicked.

"We gotta go babe, Lane's in the hospital." I said while grabbing my keys and walking out the door with TK following me.

"What?! I fucking knew we shouldn't have left him with those people!" He yelled while climbing in the car.

___________________________________

Once we got to the hospital we were met by Diana dressed in her usual pencil skirt and blouse.

Diana led the both of us to the room Lane was staying in. We looked through the window to see Lane laying in the bed watching something on someone's phone Mildred was sitting in a chair next to his bed stroking his curls while smiling sadly.