Chapter 7- Night of Bereavement

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I didn't think about telling the others at all. Why so?"

"I know I told you last night, but I would like to keep it a secret as of now. If news travels here about my escape, I don't know what will happen if there is someone who will report this."

"Don't worry, Mina. Your secret is safe with me. Oh, let me tell Nayeon and Dahyun first, I'm sure they haven't told anyone yet."

"Thank you, Jihyo," Mina thanked, feeling grateful for her kindness.

Jihyo rushed out, leaving Mina and Momo alone in the room again.

Mina sat down on the bed, wrapping an arm around Momo. "This feels very... unusual."

"Being here?"

"Yes... I never knew of this place, let alone even thought of residing here," Mina sighed, leaning against Momo. Her bandage suddenly fell in front of her face, surprising her. "Oh... I don't think I need this anymore."

"Let me help you, princess," Momo said, unwrapping her bandages. When she finished, she stared at Mina, smiling. "You're so pretty."

Mina's face became beet red as she looked away in embarrassment. "You flatter me..."

There was a knock that was sounded with the door shifting open. Dahyun popped her head through, carrying a tray of bowls and water. "Are you girls hungry? We made some vegetable stew," she said, placing the tray on the bed.

"Thank you, Dahyun," Mina thanked, giving her a smile.

"Thanks for the food," Momo added, happily taking the bowl.

"Everyone is eager to meet you two. We rarely ever have visitors come by."

"It does make sense, considering this is nearly surrounded by forests. What is this village called?" Mina asked, taking out the map.

"We're called Silent Steel Village. Silent because we're so hidden and steel because of our forge. The folk around here naturally adapted to the name," Dahyun explained.

"That's really cool..." Momo breathed out in amazement.

"Nayeon smiths weapons finely, as you can see with, um, Jeongyeon's sword. Her father definitely taught her well. Say, would you girls be up to checking out the forge?" Dahyun asked.

Mina and Momo looked towards each other, nodding.

"We would love to!" Mina said with excitement.

The couple placed down their empty bowls and cups onto the tray, with Mina helping Momo up.

"Slowly, Momo," Mina quietly said, putting Momo's arm around her shoulder.

Momo got up to her feet with a grunt, trying her best to keep her ankle from hurting.

Jihyo happened to come back as Mina helped Momo. "Ah, I might have some crutches around for you to use, Momo. Let me search for them real quick!"

The medic went to another room, searching for the pair of crutches.

"Does it still hurt?" Mina asked.