"3 days."

Everyone turns their heads to look at the smooth voice who continued to stare straight ahead at the empty chair.

"In 3 days, it'll be a full week since he has been gone. If it gets to that point, we will go ourselves."

The other 3 nod their heads at Hitoshi's statement as they all go back to staring at their designated points.

I guess that's the best I'm going to get. I need to hurry.

I've made you wait long enough, if it takes another 3 days, I'll go with them to get you, problem child.

≡Izuku POV≡
◃LoV Base▸

It's been 8 hours 23 minutes 58 seconds and counting since I've gotten a slight hold on myself.

I had been counting ever since to try and get my mind off the throbbing pain coursing through my body.

It seems all I've been doing is counting.

True to his word, I did survive until morning.

Although, I wish I didn't.

I had to go through the whole process with a frozen body and barely functioning senses.

At least when I was dropped to the ground, I was left with throbbing pain instead of frozen pain.

He explained to me that he had taken the quirk back and that this would continue until I finally submitted and joined them.

Needless to say, even in my weak, half dead form, I spat on his faceless head and was pushed into another portal.

The same thing happened that night. He gave me another quirk.

That time, however, it was a mutant quirk. I will never forget the feeling of having my whole skeletal structure forcefully moved inside of me to create a new shape and added bones. My muscles and organs were pushed and pulled along with them. My skin had been torn from the inside and sensitive new skin grew out. It was worse than the ice.

That was yesterday though. Right now, I'm laying on my mattress, back to quirkless, with almost fully functioning senses.

Dabi has been here as much as he can. Compress has come, but only when I'm quirkless and for short periods of time.

"-and that was what I had to do to sneak into the hospital to see Shoto for the first time. It was worth it though, I was able to hold him and see my mother," Dabi finished his story with a small smile as he sat beside me, with his leg gently pressed against my side to prove he was still there.

"You really had to spill all of those pills? Couldn't you have climbed through a window or something?" I cracked a smile. I can only hope it didn't show how strained it was.

"Are you kidding? You know how many times I tried? It was the 4th floor and I was only like 7 at the time."

"So? I had to climb up 3 floors every time I left my apartment when I was like 5."

"Not everyone is as smart as you. You probably had some kind of footing. This was all solid concrete," he huffed, only making me giggle.

"My apartment is solid concrete too. All the pipes were on the side of the building while I climbed the back."

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah, so you didn't have to set up this big plan with like 5 different distractions and climbing through vents. Although, it does make for a good story."

He blew out an amused breath as he looked at the barely visible ceiling.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but why won't you just join?" I painfully turn my head over to his with a confused look. "Uh- I'm not just saying that as some sort of ploy or anything. If I had it my way, you wouldn't even be here. I just mean, neither of us know the extent they will go to. Chances are, you're going to get another quirk tonight, and be taken away tomorrow. Is that going to just keep going until you die?"

"I don't know," I give a response almost as weak as my body. I hadn't really thought too much about what would happen next.

Escaping is not in my near future, that's for sure.

I'd imagine that I would've been rescued sooner. According to Dabi and Compress, it's my 4th day here. Did they forget about me?

No.

I can't start thinking like that. I'm sure there's a reason...

"I don't want you to die. You're a good kid. You're strong, smart, and have a good heart. That's what a hero should be. You don't belong here, being tortured to work for a group of villains. You should be having fun with your friends, training to be a hero that you will surely become."

"So under all those burns, you're really a big softy?" I smile sadly, trying to steer the conversation somewhere less... morbid.

"Ha ha, very funny."

"What about you? You aren't a bad person. I know you ran away because of Endeavwhore, but what's keeping you from going back?"

"How can I face my mother and siblings now? Look at me. I'm a murderer, not a good person. As much as I'd love to be back with them, I just can't face them."

"Tell you what, we can both get out of here together," he instantly turns to me with wide eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not really sure yet. All I know is that I am not going to be here the rest of my life. When I finally leave, I'll take you with me. And don't think I won't use force if you make me."

"..."

"Stop overthinking it. You said it yourself, you want to go back. I can't speak for Rei, Natsuo and Fuyumi, since I haven't met them, but from what I've heard, I know they'll be more than happy to see you again."

He looks at me for a few more seconds before he has to wipe the blood that drips from under his scar under his eye, his own way of crying.

"You got yourself a deal there, kid."