Chapter 13

You'd think since I'm a girl I would understand the mind of women, well, turns out I'm as clueless as a young teenage boy.

Since last night, Yeji has been apparently avoiding me for a reason I'm not so sure of. It's making me wonder if what had happened last night had made her extremely uncomfortable. That was one of my biggest fear of confessing my feelings to her, avoidance.

But again, nothing physically happened! So I don't understand why she's being short with me.

We were at our concert rehearsal and I kept trying to meet her gaze but every time I did she'd immediately look away. I flop myself on the chair next to Brandon who was working on the technical stuff and exhaled tiredly as I look up to see Yeji and Jisu laughing together. It sent a pang into my chest towards the similar smile she had on like last night.

Such a beautiful smile.

"Hey you." I look up to see Ryeong walking towards me with a bag of juice in her hand.

I smile tiredly and pat my thighs and opened my arms for her. She rolls her eyes and chuckles before sitting on my lap and leaning against my chest as I wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed my forehead against the back of her head and closed my eyes.

"You okay?" She asks as she places her hand over mine and started tracing soothing circles on my skin. I nod against her head.

"Yeah I'm just tired." It wasn't a complete lie, I had barely any sleep last night. She turns her face slightly.

"It's pretty obvious with that nappy hair of yours." She teases but yelps in surprise as I pinched her waist.

"Jerk." I laugh out. She chuckles but leans closer against me as I tighten my grip on her waist and placed my chin on her shoulder.

"That's the laugh I like to hear." She says softly as she leans her cheek against mine. I smile gratefully.

"Thanks Ryeong." I whisper. She turns her face smiling proudly towards me.

"Anytime Ryu." I chuckled and looked forward but froze seeing Yeji staring at me with a look I couldn't understand. Meeting her gaze however, she quickly turns away and leaves to get her mic checked.

Ryeong quickly grabs my attention by calling for Brandon. I chuckle and began to mimic her actions by calling him.

"He can't hear us with his ear in." she laughs. I smile and continue to call for him while waving my arm around. After a while he notices us and waves his hands frantically while apologizing.

After a while Ryeong had stayed by my side and began to watch Jisu's performance with me. We began to playfully sing the song with Jisu on our seats which kept us dramatically moving around as if we were the ones performing.

And later on we got super hyped and started jumping around in excitement, acting as if we were a midzy, which we were for our Unnie. Ryeong really knew how to keep my mind at ease.

"Ryujin you have to go now." I hear the crew member say. I chuckle and nod my head before waving goodbye to Ryeong who was pouting and waving back.

With a wide smile on my face I continued to follow the crew but my smile faltered slightly as I began to walk by Yeji who looked at me but quickly looked away causing me to grit my teeth in annoyance.

Before I continued to trail behind the crew I quickly walk and snatch onto Yeji's wrist and pulled her closer to me. Her eyes widen in surprise as I stared down at her. I lean closer to her ear.

"We're going to talk later." Before she could respond I quickly pull away and jogged towards the crew who hadn't realized I had stopped following.

I glance back to see Yeji and felt as if I was imagining the blush that was on her cheek as she placed her hand on her heaving chest. I shrug and turned back around and made my way to the stage.