Chapter 6

Beomgyu: I'll be outside in 5 minutes

After sending an okay to him, I quickly place it back in my pocket before buttoning up my top and grabbing my mask on my desk.

We were planning on going to a private bar to grab some drinks to help ease my mind. I only told him the gist of how I was feeling stressed and that I desperately needed a reliever. I was grateful for the lack of questions he asked me knowing it was probably personal.

I checked my reflection one last time before grabbing my bag and quietly walking out of my room. It was around 2 in the morning so they should be asleep by now. Well besides Jisu who always has her earphones on while playing her games.

I peek my head out and smiled in satisfaction with the lack of sounds that was being made before stepping completely out. I turn towards my door and silently closed.

"Where are you going?" I gasp and flinch in fear at the sudden voice that was made from behind me. I slowly turn around and relief quickly washed over me as I noticed Yeji standing against the wall with a glass of water in her hands. I let out a breath.

"Good it's just you." I whisper. She tilts her head seeming to look somewhat offended and places her glass of water on the table next to her, before striding towards me.

"And why is it a good thing?" She asks. I raise my eyebrows and cross my arms.

"Because, since I'm clearly keeping your secret it's only fair for you to keep your mouth shut about this." I sharply whisper as I brush past against her. She scoffs.

"Right. And you're doing a great job hiding the damn secret. Why'd you act like that during dinner?" She angrily asks as she trails behind me towards the door. I casually shrug as I began to put on my shoes, refusing to look or even speak to her.

"Oh what. Now you're ignoring me?" She asks, annoyance evident in her tone. I look up at her with a blank expression.

"Not ignoring, just avoiding." I simply state. She stares at me in disbelief and scowls.

"Why are you making this issue such a big deal? If either Jisu or Chaeryeong caught me they wouldn't have brought it to this extent." She angrily whispers. I narrow my eyes and scoff before striding towards her.

"If that's the case then why are you lying?" I ask. She stares up at me in irritation and grits her teeth.

"The less that knows the better." She coldly replies. I stiffen.

'The less she knows, the less she'll feel.'

I quickly shake off the memory and stare at Yeji angrily. She continues.

"I can't have the news of us secretly dating again out there for the public. I don't want to risk the band getting attacked." She replies. I mockingly chuckle and roll my eyes.

"So you're just going to lie to their face every chance you get? Wow." I fake praise as I bend down to tie my shoes. I continue.

"And you got me to help with your lie, good for you. Do you even care that you might be wrong?" I ask in disbelief. She groans and combs her fingers through her hair in frustration.

"Again with the lying. I'm so sick of you judging my decisions! News flash Ryujin were not like your dad! I'm not lying to be selfish like him! So just move on and get over it already!" With that I suddenly freeze and felt the pinch in my chest increase as the person that I had completely trusted brought up my past in the most dreadful way.

Yeji gasps and quickly places her hand on her mouth. I quickly tie my shoes and slowly stood up and stared at her with a pained expression while nodding my head.

"Well then, I hope you're proud of your decisions." I quietly say, trying to hold in the tremble in my voice as I felt tears threatening to escape my eyes. A tear quickly fell from Yeji's as she tried to take a step towards me.

"Ryujin I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it." She whispers as she tries to reach for my wrist but I quickly took a step back. I clench my eyes tight and took a deep breath before opening it and looking at her in betrayal.

"You may have the girls concern and care and you may have your boyfriend to keep you happy, but tonight you just lost me." She furiously shakes her head and tries to take a step forward towards me again but I quickly lift my hand up for her to stop which she did as more tears cascades down her smooth pale cheeks.

I grab my phone and seeing Beomgyu message saying that he was here I slowly nod my head and placed it back into my pocket. I grab my mask and silently place it on my face. Without looking at her I turn around and began to walk out the door but quickly stopped.

"Beomgyu is here. Please don't tell the girls. You're good at that right?" Before she could even respond, I had closed the door and marched my way to his truck.

I hop in and quickly took off my mask before sending him a tired smile. She looks at me in concern as he noticed the sadness in my eyes.

"You okay?" He asks. I sigh and shook my head.

"Honestly? No."

.....................

"So you've been in love with her for that long huh?" He asks as he stared at me stunned. I dryly chuckle and nod my head.

"Sadly." He shakes his head and chuckles before leaning back and placing his hands in his pocket.

Instead of going to the bar we actually decided to go to the beach and sit side by side in his trucks opened trunk. I had just told him my deepest darkest secret and felt grateful that he didn't act disgusted. He sighs and clicks his tongue in disappointment.

"Damn. The one girl I had a crush on had to be lesbian huh?" He teases. I laugh and nudge his side.

"She's actually the only girl I've ever been in love with actually. I'm still attracted to guys so don't worry about that." I tease. He laughs and softly kicks my feet.

"Don't give me false hope now." He jokes but I could tell he was somewhat serious. I sigh and smile at him apologetically.

"I'm sorry." He looks down and smiles softly before looking towards me.

"It's okay. I'll get over it. And hey if you want to get Yeji jealous, feel free to use my body." I gasp and playfully punch his arm before laughing with him. I tiredly rest my head on his shoulder and smiled as he rests his head over mine.

"I doubt that'd work. She's straight as an arrow. And she hurt me. I don't know how we can get back to how it was before." I sadly state as I felt a growing lump in my throat start to form. Noticing that, he quickly grabs my hand and squeezes it reassuringly.

"I know she hurt you but you have to get that it's 2 in the morning and she's obviously filled with regret already that she probably didn't even know what she was saying." He says. I remained quiet for a moment before sighing in defeat and nodding my head.

"You're probably right. She would never try to hurt me deliberately." I feel him nod his head.

"Exactly. Now say thank you oppa." He teases. I chuckle and pinch his side causing him to yelp and laugh.

"I'll take that as a thank you oppa." He playfully states. I chuckle and lift my head from his shoulder before smiling gratefully towards him.

"thank you Beomgyu." He smiles back and taps my head.

"Anytime Ryujin." We smile at each other for a moment before facing forward and staring at the flowing waves that shimmered under the moonlight. The cool breeze was hitting us causing my heart and mind to slowly be at ease.

"And hey Ryujin?" He calls for me. I hum in response and turn towards him. But seeing his mischievous smile I knew what was coming up.

"Arrows are never perfectly straight. Like the saying, she's straight as a noodle but when the noodle gets wet-" I quickly cut him off by smacking the back of his head with flushed cheeks.

"Yah!"