"I told you to - ..." he spoke coldly, his lips less than an inch away from mine.

Sound of a breaking glass. Jones falling on the floor - unconscious.

"This fucking ..." Bucky spoke furiously as he ran towards my way, kicking Jones with all of his strength, making him roll off to the other side of the room. But that's all he did to him. For now. Immediately he got all of his attention to me, stepping forward, looking at my red eyes that haven't stopped leaking.

"What did he do to you?" he spoke softly yet I could tell that his voice was shaking from the anger and worry. His hands carefully cupped my face and gently he tried to dry off tears on my disgustingly wet cheeks.

I shook my head, unable to speak. I wrapped my arms around him completely and after barely even a second passed, I knew I was going to be okay. I knew it, my brain knew it, my heart knew it.

There was never a place I could call my home, but right there, so close to him that I could almost hear every beat of his heart, I finally understood what it feels like to have a place where you feel safe, warm and where you belong. For me, my home was right there, in Bucky's hug, his arms holding me tightly yet with so much care and gentleness it made me shed a tear or two.

Suddenly I backed my face only for a couple of inches, glancing at his eyes, trying to read them, to know if what I was about to would be okay. Not really sure how to do it though, my trembling hands ran over his shoulders before I  collided them at the back of his neck, feeling the softness of his hair, pulling him down until I was able to touch his lips with mine. I've never kissed anyone before and didn't know what to do next. After a moment of Bucky's surprise he realised what was happening and immediately he took the lead, kissing me gently yet passionately while cupping my face with his warm hands, making me feel like I was about to explode. 

"Thank you." I whispered in between the kiss, running my fingers through the hair at the back of his head before realising that I needed more of him. I didn't hesitate to kiss him once again yet this time he also slowly added his tongue, making my heart run wild.

We got interrupted by the movement at the other side of the room. Bucky pulled away, keeping his eyes closed for a few more seconds as a slight satisfied smile appeared on his beautiful, pretty moistened lips.

I tried to unnoticeably lick my lips, hoping it would bring back the taste I was already missing. However, Bucky clearly noticed that, opening his eyes as he smiled even more widely, wiping off the last tear that was running down my cheek.

Then he turned to the stumbling man at the other side of the room, his gaze changing completely. He handed me his jacket before walking off, grabbing Jones by his collar and once again practically threw him on the ground.

With all of his strength he stepped on Jones's arm, making him groan in pain, the cracking sound making it clear that there was not just one bone that's been broken.

"Bucky ..." I almost whispered while covering my mouth, staring at him with widened eyes, couldn't believe that this was the same man who was always so gentle and careful ... with me at least.

"Touch her again ... no wait ... if you even look at her again, I'll take care of the other one too. And legs. And your stupid disgusting face ..." Bucky spoke with a cold voice, this time kicking Jones's face, making him fall unconscious one more time.

"Please ... let's go ..." I spoke carefully as if I was scared that I was next. Even though that was a completely unrealistic thought to worry about.

"Of course doll." he said gently, put on his coat and handed me over mine before opening the exit door, letting me go through first.

"I like it when you call me that." I almost whispered as he put his arm around my shoulders and I was so happy to realise that this time I didn't even slightly flinch at his touch. Like I said, he was the only person I ever felt completely safe with.

"Ha! I knew it!" Bucky said proudly and pressed a kiss on my hair as we stopped by the fence at the edge of the rooftop. Then he turned my way, making me face him too.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." I whispered yet still said it loud enough so he could hear me, looking straight into his eyes as mine started tearing up once again. But this time they were filling up with a completely different kind of tears.

"You're never going to find out." he said as his hand slided up my cheek and his eyes made a contact with my lips.

"Promise?" I asked, resting my chin on his chest while still looking up at him, colliding his free hand with mine.

"Promise." he answered before kissing me tenderly once more ... twice more ... three times more, while his fingers kept playing with mine.

Oh poor Cressida, you know, promises are like hearts, they are made to be broken.