Episode 76

Requested by: AshleysFanfics8

Ding Dong!

Yukiko's voice rang after she took the package from the delivery man (not without giving an autograph first).

"Co-chan! Kaito! Your mail is here!"

Excited footsteps were heard trampling down the stairs, then merry laughter from the little boy. The two boys reached their mother and took the package from her hands. Conan, clinging onto Kaito's neck, peered over his shoulder.

"What's that?"

Kaito tore the package open gently and pulled out its contents. There were two scripts, one for each of them. The older lifted an eyebrow and compared them. His eyes lit up with glee as he lifted his brother like a baby asking for ups. "We're going to have a collab!"

"Yay! What's that?"

~~

For the first time ever, the main cast of Kaitou KID stepped into the Detective Conan set. Sometimes, the directors thought if they had shared studios, both productions could have saved a lot of money since they are both happening in the same world.

"Ran!"/"Aoko!" The two friends called out. They rushed to each other and hugged, giggling as they greeted each other formally. To almost everyone else, they looked like identical twins reuniting after a long time.

Conan hid behind Kaito's legs, shying from the two girls. He had a feeling they would pinch his cheeks as soon as they lay eyes on him. Maybe Ran-nee-chan would not, but Aoko-san looked like she would. Kaito took the chance to take a picture of Conan, adding it to his blackmail folder for the grown-up Conan to see.

"Girls, girls! You can't possibly be forgetting moi?" Kaito started, though he barely moved from where he stood. Aoko giggled, then poked his forehead.

"Yes yes, 'Kuroba Kaito' is our main antagonist today with a very energetic twist. Where's our little main lead today?" She asked, her hand above her eyes like a visor as she scanned the studio. However, no one caught her eyes.

Kaito coughed, then nudged his little brother out of his hiding place. As soon as Conan was exposed, his fingers clung to his brother's khaki trousers.

Aoko let out an excited squeal. "You look just like Kaito!"

"The three of them, really," Ran commented. Kaito and Shinichi are twins, so it is to be expected. Then when Conan came, it was a surprise. He looked like their mini doppelganger, especially Shinichi. Ran and the twins were also childhood friends, and Conan looked just like Shinichi when the latter was a child. They share the same hairstyle too (which became Kaito's favourite thing to complain about). Their mother complained that none of them looked like her.

Aoko bent down to Conan's height. "I'm Nakamori Aoko, and I work with your big brother here in 'Magic Kaito 1412'. What's your name?"

"Kudo Conan," Was the curt reply from the boy before he quickly dashed behind his older brother's legs. The only indication of his feelings was his ears' growing red tips. The girls were awing over him.

Just then, one of the director's assistants came over. "Please go get ready! We will start filming soon."

~~

Scene: Kaito KID'S arrival

Kaito readjusted his harness as the crew got ready for the shot. Conan stood next to him, watching him with the vigilance of an eagle.

The older brother then looked smug. He twisted his body to angle himself, then he struck a pose. "Do I look cool?"

Kaito likes fishing for his little brother's comments. He is so much better at complimenting than their stoic older brother. Shinichi would never give comments unless asked. Conan gave him a pensive reply. "Your costume is so white. I thought thieves dress in dark clothes to blend into the night?"