Movie 15: Quarter of Silence

Requested by: ClayCatz

If it makes things easier to swallow, yes, they filmed in Hokkaido during winter. Closer to spring though, but nevertheless, it was cold. Their thick jackets were the real deal, and even those were not enough to fend off the bitting temperature of the wind.

There are, however, a few scenes shot in the studios. One such example would be the climax, where Conan would find himself buried beneath the snow. A stunt like that would be way too dangerous to film in the natural surroundings.

Other scenes would he when Conan's snowboard was airborne. The scene was filmed on a man-made slope, with wires and gigantic fans to create that effect. The actor had to be strapped in to make sure he does not fall from a height.

And harnesses are not exactly the most comfortable thing for males when suspended. Those complains by actors were not wrong at all.

Shinichi wanted to cry already.

"Sorry Co-chan, it's for your safety!" Shinichi grunted as he tightened the harness. Conan smacked his fist repeatedly on his shoulder.

"Too tight! Looser!"

"I can't! It's workplace safety! If we don't, we'll be fined!"

"Let mum pay!"

Nothing could get through the boy and his other older brother simply sat at the side, exhibiting the very definition of ROTFLOL: rolling on the floor, laughing out loud.

"Oh my–he looks constipated!"

"Shut up, Kaito!"

"MUM WILL PAY FOR THIS (blackmail material)!" -Kaito

"KAI-NII, HELP!"

Honestly, no one could really film anything that day for that scene because of the three brothers' shenanigans. It got resolved only after Ran suggested that Shinichi demonstrate to Conan what to do first, did the film manage to film something.

Shinichi and Conan went home, sullen, that day, with an irritating Kudo Kaito* laughing nonstop at the memory.

~For the same scene

Shinichi stared at the uniform given to him. He thought he would be given the same clothes as Conan. Their mum will kill to see them wear a matching set.

Kaito stood next to him. "You would have thought they'd put in more effort."

"Kinda plain, no?" Shinichi said.

"Yeah. To complain?"

"Are we on budget?"

Kaito shrugged. Shinichi sighed. They scratched their heads in unison and stared at the school uniform.

"I remember they said it was a cameo shot," Kaito mentioned. Shinichi remembered the amount of effort the production team gave when they needed a stand-in for the Miyano parents. So much more effort was put in that than this.

"I remember the director saying cameos are very important and should not be skimped over." Shinichi replied.

Suddenly, an idea struck. The older twin's eyebrows shot up while the younger grinned mischievously.

"Let's burn this–"

"–Get mum to buy a matching set–"

"–and show up at the film with matching clothes with Co-chan."

Sonoko, who happened to pass by their dressing room, heard what the twins said and screeched like a honking parrot.

"HELL NO ARE YOU BURNING THE CLOTHES! THE SUZUKI FAMILY PAID FOR THEM!"

There goes the idea of disfiguring the uniform for a better, more stylish idea.

~ Same scene, again!

Wearing the school uniform, Shinichi entered the green room.

Kaito had to go for his own shoot at the Kaitou 1412 site, leaving him and Conan at the Detective Conan production. For this scene, it was a head shot of Shinichi looking at Ran before getting hit by the avalanche.

The boy eyed the big fans at the side of the studio. Shinichi started to shiver, knowing what they were for. If they do not get a good shot for this cameo, he will be shivering in the next following few hours.

The older Kudo knelt to Conan's height and spread his arms open. It was a silent code to the boy. Instantly, Conan hopped into his older brother's arms. The brothers snuggled as if they were in a winter dessert.

"Go get a jacket when filming starts, okay?"

Little Conan has no idea what was about to happen, but he nodded his head and went to one of the make-up artists for help. The one assigned to Shinichi quickly touched up his make up as the cameras were ready to roll.

He understood immediately when the fan turned on.

Shinichi, who was in position for his hair to catch the wind like Pocahontas, got knocked out of place when the turbines were on.

"OH MY–"

The fan was quickly shut off when Shinichi fell off the platform. Thankfully, it was not that high to begin with, just enough to get that shot.

"I caught a few unglam shots," someone announced.

The wind was caught by Shinichi's upper lip, and at the next second, he looked like a horse. It reminded him of those stock images he saw online when horses were in the middle of neigh-ing.  Some fats in his cheeks were also now visible as the strong winds blew against his skin. The teenager gawked at the pictures.

"Send them to me, please–" He asked before laughing.

"Someone please lower the fan speed," the props director shouted.

Conan, who could not see what was happening earlier, got drawn to the sound of his older brother's guffaw. "Let me see!"

Shinichi barely managed to control himself as he told Conan to return to his seat. "I'll show you later," he promised before returning to finish taking the cameo.

-End-

Extras:

Conan fell asleep in the faux snow and did not wake up when Ran tried to shake him awake.

The girl panicked when the boy was unresponsive, only to calm down when Shinichi pointed out that the child was breathing evenly, meaning he's asleep. Heck, the kids were really about to cry when they saw Conan not waking up.

"He's a deep sleeper, unlike how he's suppose to be like in the show," Shinichi admitted with a chuckle.

Conan probably waited too long to film this part.

"Co-chan, you can't sleep in there, okay?"

"But I'm bored!" 

Note:
*Don't forget, Kaito is a Kudo in this au. Kaito and Shinichi are twins (heck, they're also twins in my other fic HAHA)

I hope you liked it!